We've been to guacamay lodge twice now and love it. The second time we took 45 people back with us and got married there. It's owned by a Swiss brother and sister who are efficient and warm. You barely see them unless you need something and then there is always someone there to help you. The rooms are not luxurious but they are clean and have everything you need, including air conditioning. Gabriel, the main waiter in the restaurant, is very friendly and never makes a mistake on the bill. You pay for everything at the end so we were expecting some mistakes but he gets everything perfectly right. The restaurant is open air and looks over some trees to the pacific ocean. A short walk down the hill and you're on a deserted beach (plays junquillal). I'd recommend one of the four studio apartments as then you have a refrigerator and little kitchenette.
The atmosphere is one of complete relaxation. The pool is surrounded by lovely plants and flowers and there is a lovely mango tree next to the two bedroom villa. There is a volleyball court and a fabulous tennis court which is floodlit. I get the impression that Alice and Berni, the owners, are always looking for new tennis partners to play with. Menu in the restaurant is very interesting as there are some swiss items. The specials are particularly good. Our wedding dinner included steak and everyone commented on how perfectly they were cooked. At the end of the wedding after dancing on the dance floor Alice and Bernie were good sports about everyone ending up in the pool fully clothed. In summary it's quiet, relaxing, fun, beautiful and terrific value for money. We're hooked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guacamaya is a friendly, feel-at-home haven of peaceful cabinas around a large pool overlooking the magic blue of the Pacific. The Bar and Restaurant also offer a luscious view of the beautiful manicured garden. Your peaceful relaxation will be ever so slightly "disturbed" only by a wonderful variety of tropical birds, our local group of monkeys from the mangroves or the pounding surf of Playa Junquillal.Your Swiss hosts, Bernie and Alice, welcome you in their native Swiss or fluent Spanish, English or German, or acceptable French, Italian or Portuguese. The brother and sister duo have designed an intimate atmosphere at the Guacamaya Lodge that allows their guests to get to know each other and the staff. The international clientele creates a unique opportunity to strike up new friendships in this tropical paradise, with guests from all over the world. Come join us for a taste of international cuisine, the magic of any kind of beach you desire, exploring an exotic wonderland of birds, animals, exotic tropical plants, or adventuring beneath the sea Enjoy international gourmet cuisine with a specialty in Swiss culinary delights, or bring home your own catch of the day and have it prepared a variety of wonderful ways. In the Rancho Bar, you can enjoy your favorite cocktail or cool "cerveza" while you brag about the day's activities.STANDARD CABINASGuacamaya Lodge has six well-kept cabinas with individual bathrooms surrounding a large pool (AC) STUDIO APARTMENTS Guacamaya Lodge offers four studio apartments including a full stove and refrigerator kitchenette with a wonderful ocean view from the kitchen, living room and deck. (AC)VILLA ESTHERTwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC)CASA MARGARITATwo-bedroom villa with living room, full stove andrefrigerator, kitchen and covered patio. (AC) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Guacamaya Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guacamaya Hotel Playa Junquillal
- Guacamaya Lodge Costa Rica/Playa Junquillal