“Swim with turtles & up close to dolphins, highlight of our trip!”

Paski's Adventure Sport Tours
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Swim with turtles & up close to dolphins, highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Captain Mike was very knowledgable about turtles and other sea life giving us a great narrative on the biology, ocean currents, and migrations. It was very much an educational experience!

We and 2 other couples met Mike and his crew Jose and Antonio at Playa Sanjuanillo. They ferried us out to their boat, where we spent almost 3 hours observing turtles and watching dolpins play in our wake topped off with an incredible sunset before being delivered back to the beach.

We swam in the ocean with an unbelievably co-operative female Olive Ridley turtle, saw turtles mating and had two different kinds of dolphins follow and show-off close to the boat for some awesome pictures. We were provided with fresh pineapple, cold beverages, alcoholic & non alcoholic, and other snacks in a very casual atmoshere. There was a bathroom on board as well. My only wish is that the tour was longer :-)

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Gadzuk

Cottage Grove, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing tours with the Paski's.”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I recently had the opportunity to spend a week in Costa Rica at The Sanctuary, Playa Azul. We read that the Paski's had some terrific tours and we are so glad that we went with them. Our snorkeling trip was super fun as Mike went to get us various fish from the sea and brought them up for us to observe. He's very knowledgeable and perfect for this job. We also did a tour where we went to swim with turtles, watch porpoises and dolphins. My hubby took some terrific photos and my favorite part was being with the "Gerturde" turtle in the water. Don't miss out on their adventures and their amazing hospitality. They are a great couple that you definitely want to meet while there. Have fun!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank MichelleBabcock
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“best time ever”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Paski's Adventures in Playa Azul was the highlight of my trip to Costa Rica. It's a wonderful local business specializing in water activities like snorkeling, fishing, scuba diving and sight seeing. It's also owned by two of the most genuine and kind souls I have ever met in my life, Leah & Michael. They are wonderful people who were so helpful and accommodating. For the trip, you definitely want to be prepared to get wet because it will happen no matter what activity you choose to do so make sure to have a towel, a bathing suit and possibly extra clothes to change into. It would be very useful to have a camera on hand because you never know what you'll encounter on the water. Therefore, you'll need some kind of protective cover for it or something like a ziploc bag would work too. Depending on the activity, you could be out on the water for a long time so make sure to bring snacks and water. They provide things like that on the tours too but if you want a little extra then that would be a good idea. Also, if you are prone to sea sickness, it would be wise to take some medicine and maybe even if you don't think you are, you should. You never know how the waves will be so make sure to take medicine in advanced so that it kicks in promptly before the tour. I had the misfortune of thinking I never get seasick until I was met with choppy storm waves. Not a good feeling especially being in a small boat for several hours. However, no matter the activity, you'll have an amazing time and make new friends.

My Experience
Myself as well as 3 friends and Leah began in San Juanillo where the boat was docked On this day we had fishing, snorkeling and swimming with turtles lined up. To get to the larger boat we had to take a smaller fishing boat so that was pretty amusing in itself. Once on the larger boat, we met the captain, Jose and the other crew members, Puntarenas & Rafa. They were very professional, helpful and also very fun to have around. On this day, Puntarenas and Rafa helped us fish for black tuna which was jumping all over the water. Rafa was also able to temporarily catch a female turtle and we had the chance to go in the water and swim with it. Leah & Michael work close with a turtle preservation project so no turtles were ever harmed during these tours. Although I'm deathly afraid of deep water, I didn't even think twice about jumping in because we were all in safe hands and thankfully there were life jackets on board the boat. There were many turtles we saw that day on the water and we also saw dolphins swimming around the boat. The last thing we did was go snorkeling and again with the water fear, I felt completely safe enough to try it for the first time. I'm glad I did because I saw great marine life. Rafa was able to show us up close some starfish, a lobster and he even got a sea cucumber and puffer fish that my friends got to hold. On the way back to shore, Leah was pointing out some homes along the cliffs and told us wonderful stories about how she befriended the owners.. another little bonus of the trip you probably won't get anywhere else.

That was the first experience with Paski's Adventures and the second one was the Sunset Tour. It was a great time even though I had a bad case of sea sickness. Myself as well as 3 other friends met other boat goers from London and Germany. Leah made some sangria that day for everyone and there were other beverages as well like juice, water and soda. Puntarenas was kind enough to cut us some pineapple too. On a side note, pineapples that are available in America are no comparison whatsoever to Costa Rica's. Rafa was able to bring a turtle to the side of the boat so that everybody could swim and take pictures with it and we were also allowed to go to the top of the boat to take pictures where the captain, Jose was steering. He also slowed down once the sun was starting to set so that we could get a good look at the moment. It was absolutely beautiful.. there are truly nothing but perfect sunsets in Costa Rica and it was a privilege to witness it on the water with my friends and the people we just met.

This was my wonderful experience with Paski's Adventures and hopefully next time I can try scuba diving with Leah & Michael. Michael is a certified scuba diver and teacher so there really isn't a better person to learn from and a better place to do it. Plus, you can get certified by the end of your trip so that's an even better incentive to learn.The boat itself for the tour was specifically for scuba diving so it wasn't large at all. The tour was nice and intimate so we all had a chance to get in the water with the turtle. That's what I liked the most, that Leah & Michael could've easily bought a bigger boat and took in more customers to make more money, but they kept it intimate and private in respect to preserving that area. They care more about the surrounding areas and the marine life rather than money and that's what makes them great people. Their business only reflects their actions and love for what they do and it clearly shows once you've taken a tour with them. I love Paski's!

Visited March 2011
massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most beautiful side of Costa Rica”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

In all of my seven trips to Costa Rica, I have booked with Paski's and every time I've never been disappointed. After reading the review of the person before me, I was astonished to see that they were not happy with thier fishing experience. My boyfriend and I have fished on three different occasions with Paskis and have gotten amazing results each time. They make you feel at home and although some of thier boat staff does not speak english, Costa Rica IS a spanish speaking country after all, they were kind & helpful. I almost wonder if the people who made the review before me had been with another company or rented an entirely different boat. The wild life tours are wonderful and complimented with amazing sunsets, best seen from the boats. The diving is spectacular, although we haven't yet seen a shark but next time we'll try again.
Paski's gets a thumbs way up from us here in Massachusetts. We'll be booking with them again in January 2010. Keep up the good work.

Northeast, US
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Be careful of Paski's Adventure”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Do not book a fishing excursion with them. We booked an offshore fishing charter through Paskis during our recent trip. We spoke with Paski's wife on the phone and by email prior to arrival and she was quite enthusiastic and helpful. Be careful though, in our case Paski's had acted as the agent ,but we were led to believe that it was a Paski's charter. We ended up with a crew that did not speak english, a broken head (toilet) and no fish. At $1500.00 for the day, we wanted to learn about the waters and the techniques used to catch fish in this area, but we came away with none of that as there was no one to talk too. Paski's does run a fun litle turtle and nature excursion that my family enjoyed. Good introduction to the marine life and waters off of Guanacaste. As for fishing, there are numerous charters to choose from once in the area. Be cautious and ask alot of questions.

2 Thank dogsinkennelagain