Hotel Taverna Romvi
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$67
Amaryllis Hotel Apartment(Tolon)(Great Value!)
$53
Hotels.com
$64
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Golden Beach Tolo(Tolon)(Great Value!)
$37
$51
$67
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan absolute gemthe sea was crystal clearadonisbeachtolovillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have stayed here twice. We love it because of the personal, friendly welcome, the location right on the beach and the food is wonderful. THE place to eat for all the locals and guest of other hotels. Thanks to Adonis, the owner/manager and his mother, Poppy, the chef.
We never tire of the wonderful view from the rooms and the restaurant. When I was taken ill last year, the entire hotel; staff and guests, rallied to ensure I received appropriate care and supported my wife while I was in hospital.
Read the other reviews, with which I totally agree, though we personally love the harder mattress.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Phil H
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had wanted to stay at the Romvi for ages but the hassle of getting there had put me off...having to overnight at Gatwick on the way out and back due to transport to the West country. This September I decided not to put it off any longer...and I am so glad I made the effort.
The view from my room was fantastic, the sunrises amazing and the sound of the water lapping on the beach as I went to sleep soothing.
From the moment I arrived it was clear what a friendly place the Romvi was. All the staff were wonderful, nothing too much trouble, and so many return guests...and now I know why.
The rooms are basic but have everything you need, spotlessly clean, and a newly renovated bathroom....loads of hot water. I mention to my Sunvil rep about the hard bed and she advised a soft topper mattress could be provided...it was on my bed within the hour.
The fridge and kettle meant you could have refreshments on the balcony when required. If you wanted to take your own breakfast to the terrace each morning it was no problem.The food in the restaurant was good and fairly priced....I didnt bother eating anywhere else...I am vegetarian and had plenty of choice. Tables on the beach so you could dine with your feet in the sand. The sea was crystal clear, lots of fish to watch, and an easy walk up the beach to the harbour one way or the town the other. A short walk to the bus stop from which you could explore the area...a trip to Nafplion is well worth it.
I can't wait to return to this lovely gem of a hotel...the staff made you feel like family not a tourist. I travelled from the UK on my own with Sunvil Holidays and the description in their brochure is very acurate.....and their Rep in resort , Jackie, was wonderful...nothing too much trouble and has very good knowledge of the area. The view from my balcony will never be forgotten.

Room Tip: most of the rooms have a sea view. if the bed is too hard ask for the mattress topper. wake early to see the sunrise!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank christine c
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a week's vacation in Tolo, Pelenponnes, Greece. What a fabulous find. The taverna was clean, comfortable (if you overlook the rather hard bed), with ocean views to die for. We arrived late on Sunday when it was dark. Nothing can describe waking up to a sunrise directly opposite our bedroom window with views across a tranquil, blue sea.

Stunning. everyone in this quite town was really friendly. It had everything you'd need for a lovely stay. The beach is very slim and attempts have been made to increase the sand but this sadly failed. Nonetheless the sand was clean and the sea sparkling. My friend learnt to snorkel for the first time and I lost my snorkel to her for the entire trip! It's a fabulous swimming beach too and being just ten feet from the front of the Romvi tavern couldn't have been more convenient.

Another thing the Romvi tavern has is lovely large balconies overlooking the beach. Heaven. It's also the most popular place in Tolo to eat and there were lots of locals on eat evening.

We visited the Corinth Canal and Epidavrus which we both breathtaking. Nearby is the lovely town of which was once the capitol of Greece. Well worth a visit to this lovely Venetian city.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. It's breathtaking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ANW55
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at the Romvi for a week late in the season with partner. Second floor room was spacious, clean, well-maintained and had a superb balcony view. Bathroom also clean with large shower. Room had fridge & kettle and the hotel was happy to provide cutlery and crockery if needed. Also supplied anti-mosquito plug in. Air-con extra 8Eu/day

Tour operator (Sunvil) provided really good welcome pack including a bottle of wine and local produce.

On arrival, greeted by owner, checked in efficiently and in the taverna enjoying excellent food and a complimentary carafe of wine in no time at all.

Linen and clean towels replaced mid-week. Room cleaned and tidied daily. Staff friendly and helpful. Food excellent - freshly cooked and well presented. So close to the sea that you could eat sitting at tables on the beach. Food reasonably priced in all local restaurants with plenty to choose from.

Set breakfasts were extra 5Eu and a little basic, though noticed taverna menu also had other options - so will explore this when we return, which we almost certainly shall.

The resort itself was quiet as off-season, with a lot of 'regulars'. Beach was anything but crowded, clean and gently sloping. Water crystal clear and lots of little fish to watch when swimming!

Plenty of places of interest within reasonable distance e.g. Mycaenae & Epidavros. Coach tours available to Acropolis.

Sunvil offered a number of local activities including visit to local Ouzo Distillery.

Recommend this as a place to stay - both resort and the hotel

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phthagan
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks here, fantastic time you could not ask for a better location, very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Restaurant is excellent, you can't beat eating on the beach! . Rooms are fairly basic and the beds are pretty hard but you have everything you need, lovely large balcony overlooking the beach, stunning watching the sun rise every morning. We will definately book another holiday here.

• Stayed: August 2013