I booked this trip through Living Social. The retreat sounded like just what we wanted--to get away from it all in a beautiful, quiet setting. Hawaii Island Retreat certainly accomplished that goal! It's only 9 rooms (and a yurt village). We just so happened to be only one of four rooms occupied so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. It was a beautiful setting and the rooms are really nice. I was a little worried that there were no TV's in the room but they do have a nice one in their media room--that we never even turned on! Their infiintiy pool was so tranquil!
We ziplined and ATV'd while staying there so coming back to such a nice, quiet setting was beautiful.
Our breakfast was included with our living social deal and I wasn't expecting much but a continental breakfast but wow! I still think the breakfast is what I am going to miss the most! Our chef/breakfast artist Rebecca was wonderful! Each morning we had a plateful of fruit--all grown right there on property! Mango, papaya, lychees, oranges, gooseberries, cherries, and apple bananas. The property has their own hen farm and a lot of goats. We had goat cheese, goat yogurt, goat butter and more goat cheese! We had fresh eggs, frittata, and gluten free pancakes which I am still in wonder that I really liked them so much!
I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering pines and cooling ocean breezes Hawaii Island Retreat and Spa is unique among Hawaii Destinations. Located on 50 acres of North Kohala's coastal land, this boutique hotel is the ultimate in sustainability merged with a luxury spa retreat. Our elite 17 room boutique lodge features farm-to-table dining, spacious yoga studios with polished hardwood floors, and luxurious guest rooms with roomy private bath and balcony. We offer elegant venues in a distinctly Hawaiian setting. Perfect for group retreats, weddings, reunions, and corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau