My daughter was recently married at Hawaii Island Retreat. What a fantastic experience! We felt aloha and welcomed from the moment we arrived. The Retreat is breathtakingly beautiful, peaceful and serene, also unique in that it is off the grid-what an accomplishment! The wedding ceremony was on the cliff overlooking the ocean. The reception was held in the dining room and courtyard-we danced for hours to a great band. The food at the reception was fabulous, and each day that we stayed (3) we were treated to a beautiful breakfast and dinner with organic fruits and veggies grown right there on the property. There are goats, chickens and bees and a large organic garden. We had fresh eggs, yogurt, cheeses, ice cream and honey!
The rooms were large and beautifully appointed. The honeymoon suite was so cool-on the third floor it has a claw foot tub, its own patio and lovely views. The Retreat is so amazing-everywhere we looked a delight to the senses. We swam in the salt water infinity pool overlooking a lush valley and relaxed in the hot tub.
Jeanne and her staff were so warm and helpful and incredibly knowledgeable about Hawaiiana and the land.
This is definitely the way to do a wedding. From the rehearsal dinner to the breakfast the day after-everything was perfect. I highly recommend the Hawaii Island Retreat to anyone who wants a magical, amazing wedding or just wants to get away to an awesomely beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering pines and cooling ocean breezes Hawaii Island Retreat and Spa is unique among Hawaii Destinations. Located on 50 acres of North Kohala's coastal land, this boutique hotel is the ultimate in sustainability merged with a luxury spa retreat. Our elite 17 room boutique lodge features farm-to-table dining, spacious yoga studios with polished hardwood floors, and luxurious guest rooms with roomy private bath and balcony. We offer elegant venues in a distinctly Hawaiian setting. Perfect for group retreats, weddings, reunions, and corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau