I've just returned from two glorious weeks at Hawaii Island Retreat. I went for a wedding and stayed for the amazing experience of old Royal Hawaii. The wedding was at a beautiful spot on a cliff overlooking the ocean, so the sound of the sea punctuated the beauty of the couple's vows. The reception was glorious with tables scattered around the open patio and waterfall lights decorating the trees. Very romantic. There's room for a band and dancing, too.
Staying a week after the event gave me a chance to feel the beauty and the deep healing quality of the land. Chef Mo uses produce from the extensive gardens for meals plus fresh yogurt and cheeses are always available and made on site. A tea and coffee table is available all day long.
Two must-do experiences: walking in the gulch with the sacred stones where King Kamehameha held council and swimming in the salt water pool. Incredible. Lay your palms on the stones to feel their energy; let the salt water wash away tired muscles and rejuvenate your skin. And for an incredible healing session, book a massage with one of the therapists or a yoga session; and even better, schedule a healing with Jeanne who is trained in both ancient island healing and modern Neurolink to bring the brain and the body into alignment.
Great organic food, beautiful location, luxurious rooms, comforting beds and pillows, excellent staff, and a healing ambience. You can rest from this over-taxing world whether you're planning a couples' vacation, a wedding, or some alone downtime, and you won't go wrong. This isn't just a hotel. It's a haven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering pines and cooling ocean breezes Hawaii Island Retreat and Spa is unique among Hawaii Destinations. Located on 50 acres of North Kohala's coastal land, this boutique hotel is the ultimate in sustainability merged with a luxury spa retreat. Our elite 17 room boutique lodge features farm-to-table dining, spacious yoga studios with polished hardwood floors, and luxurious guest rooms with roomy private bath and balcony. We offer elegant venues in a distinctly Hawaiian setting. Perfect for group retreats, weddings, reunions, and corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau