We spent two weeks in this magical place and we loved every minute of it. The spa treatments were world class, the accomodations are 5 star and the staff is special. The cook was especially accomodating to our gluten free needs. If you want an experience in Hawaii that includes a spa retreat which includes yoga, this place is ideal. But we met people from all the world who were staying there for three or four days and getting in a massage while here.
The northern part of the big island is amazing and this place is at the heart of it. Let Jeanne ( the owner) take you on a tour of of the acreage which includes sacred areas and a farm. They are completely sustainable with solar and windmills to fill their needs. We travel to these islands regularly and we will surely come back here many times. The sound of the waves crashing at the nearby cliffs will put any insomniac to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among towering pines and cooling ocean breezes Hawaii Island Retreat and Spa is unique among Hawaii Destinations. Located on 50 acres of North Kohala's coastal land, this boutique hotel is the ultimate in sustainability merged with a luxury spa retreat. Our elite 17 room boutique lodge features farm-to-table dining, spacious yoga studios with polished hardwood floors, and luxurious guest rooms with roomy private bath and balcony. We offer elegant venues in a distinctly Hawaiian setting. Perfect for group retreats, weddings, reunions, and corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Hotel Kapaau
- Hawaii Island Retreat At Ahu Pohaku Ho`Omaluhia Kapaau