Big Island Eco Adventures II Zipline Canopy Tour
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Kapaau
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience of a lifetime awaits you among some of the world’s most spectacular scenery – Zip with BIEA II through the unspoiled and breathtaking mountains and gulches of historic North Kohala... On your roughly three-hour guided adventure tour with Big Island Eco Adventures II, you’ll be soaring high above our lush North Kohala gulches on eight exhilarating runs crisscrossing tropical ravines. Summon your courage across our two-hundred foot suspension bridge hovering over a beautiful fern grotto. At our charming natural Mango Hut, enjoy locally-made light snacks and beverages before zipping right off our Hut platform! Finish the tour with unparalleled views of the Waianaia Gulch and the Pacific Ocean. You’ll learn about Hawaii’s natural and cultural history throughout your voyage, enriching your experience every step of the way with BIEA II.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bellevue, Washington
“Father”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our trip was virtually ruined by mosquito attaches at the zip line site. With two teenage daughters being virtually eaten alive by mosquitos, the experience proved less than satisfactory. Both girls ended up with 40 to 50 bites each, some swelling to the size of silver dollars. We eventually had to call the doctor on call at the hotel for advice. The business was not prepared at all for this type of problem. It was only after we arrived for the experience that someone mentioned the possibility of mosquitos, asking if we had put on any mosquito repellant. When we indicated we do not have any repellant, the guide pulled out a half empty spray bottle of some "natural" repellant that some other guest had left at the property several days before. That particular repellant do not contain any DEET, and was virtually worthless when we applied it. This business should have been much more prepared - with repellant available on site for those who did not have any with them (we were never told when you originally booked the trip that we would need any). Level of service and care for the customer just wasn't there.

1 Thank Al W

Albany, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Epic and Thrilling Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My Husband and I came back for third trip to Big Island for Christmas and our 25th wedding anniversary and brought the kids.... I wanted to try something new....so checked out zip lining on trip advisor the ratings were amazing for( Eco adventure II Zip line) up North at Kapa 'au. We took the kids and took the plunge with SHANE and MAKANI They made it so worth it I'm extremely afraid of heights not Joking as I had the Joker helmet on. They were sooo...fun to spend the morning and afternoon with.... my son's girlfriend was scared to death she did better then me,,, but I'll say know that I did it..... I would do it again....Kunane....(koo-nay-nay)....Keep up the awesome spirit guys..........Mahalo The Webber Family Bryan , Kym , Jacob , Jessica,Sarah...:) Local fruit juice , homemade bananabread , fresh picked mac nuts and fruit off tree's....<3

Modesto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time, Great Time at Eco zipline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I just got home from our Big Island trip and wanted to make sure we noted one of the highlights of our trip, ziplining at Big Island Eco Adventures.

Curtis and Ashley were great. They were fun, knowledgeable and very confident guides. We had a blast!

This was my wife's first time and she was really apprehensive. Curtis and Ashley just made it so much fun. We would do it again.

1 Thank Rick C
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Our guides Curtis and Ashley with their knowledge and sense of humor made this a terrific adventure. The zip lines are fantastic as is the attention to ecology, local flora and fauna and of course the amazing views.

2 Thank stekoh
Burlingame, California
“Pretty Good Zipline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

This experience was pretty good overall. The staff were amazing and funny. They had good energy. We learned a lot about macadamia nuts, local flora, and wildlife, as well as enjoyed 10 ziplines and 1 suspension bridge. We got to take a break in a mango hut where they provided snacks. It was fun cracking our own macadamia nuts and tasting them raw (super yummy). The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is I thought the ziplines were not quite as thrilling as an adventure I went on in Kauai. Also, the one in Kauai ended with a zip into a swimming hole! So perhaps I am biased. This is likely the best zipline company on the big island!

1 Thank Jasmeen M