Big Island Eco Adventures II Zipline Canopy Tour
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Kapaau
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience of a lifetime awaits you among some of the world’s most spectacular scenery – Zip with BIEA II through the unspoiled and breathtaking mountains and gulches of historic North Kohala... On your roughly three-hour guided adventure tour with Big Island Eco Adventures II, you’ll be soaring high above our lush North Kohala gulches on eight exhilarating runs crisscrossing tropical ravines. Summon your courage across our two-hundred foot suspension bridge hovering over a beautiful fern grotto. At our charming natural Mango Hut, enjoy locally-made light snacks and beverages before zipping right off our Hut platform! Finish the tour with unparalleled views of the Waianaia Gulch and the Pacific Ocean. You’ll learn about Hawaii’s natural and cultural history throughout your voyage, enriching your experience every step of the way with BIEA II.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Big Island Eco Adventures Zipline Canopy Tour is an exhilarating adventure fit for all ages! After we got suited up, we got to ride in a 6-wheel pinzgauer through the town of Hawi and then off-road to our first zip line. It is a VERY BUMPY but scenic ride. You get to go on 8 different ziplines starting with the shortest and working your way up to the grand finale. I had never ziplined before and thought I would be scared but wasn’t for one second. You even get to cross over a suspension bridge. The waterfalls, ocean views and rain forest are beautiful. Halfway through the tour we took a short break for port-a-pottie use, local snacks and a variety of juices. Our tour guides Jay and Sao were fantastic. They were fun, encouraging and safe. We were happy that we wore long pants to shield any bug bites plus it was more comfortable in the harness. We were given a coupon for Luke’s Place for lunch after our tour. DO NOT eat there! It was the worst food and slow service that we had in the 10 days we were on the Big Island.

1  Thank ShadestnNashville_TN

Reviewed April 16, 2011

My wife and I thought this would be a great adventure and a memorable experience for our first time on the Big Island. OMG it was even better than we imagined. Our guides, Vernon and Tim were great and everyone in our group had a wonderful time. I thought we would be the oldest ones in the group, but no, there was an 81 year old grandma who did great! We loved how the course is set up, it’s perfect, small ones to get you started and then 7 and 8 are unbelievable. Don’t even think about it, just DO IT, you will not be disappointed in any way. Money well spent. We are hooked.

1  Thank LotsATravels
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The BIg Island Eco Adventure Zip line was great fun, and the guides Vernon and Shan Man made the whole trip even better. They obviously love what they do and love to share their knowledge of the area with everyone. The Zip lines got progressively more exciting and the scenery was stunning. The snacks at the Mac Nut Hut were a nice treat, in a beautiful location. My husband, 14 year old daughter and I had a blast on the 4 hour journey. My daughter thought the safari ride up was a very cool adventure and then it just kept getting better with each Zip Line.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

This tour took us to Hawi which is in itself a beautiful spot and a neat drive. As you drive from the west side of the island to the east side, it is a whole different world! The whole experience was easy, friendly and professional. After checking in and suiting up we drove in a Swiss army vehicle off road which was exciting. Over the 4 hour tour, we went on 8 ziplines, each getting longer and higher. We walked through the rainforest from one zipline to the other. Our guides pointed out interesting plants and birds along the way as well as giving us some history lessons. Although the tour was not too physically taxing, it felt like we had got some exercise! We stopped at a beautiful waterfall for snacks and drinks. You can borrow backpacks to carry your waterbottle, camera etc in which was helpful. Our two tour guides were extremely fun and made a point of connecting with each person on the tour. We are not really "tour" people but this is something I would really recommend. The tour starts at a hotel/restaurant called Luke's so you can eat before or after. They also sell some amazing art there.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I celebrated my 50th birthday zip lining and it was a great decision. Our guides, Brother B. and Saul were fun, energetic, patient and totally delightful. I had a perma grin all day! They made us feel safe at all times and the veiws are incredible. We had many experiences on the Big Island and this was my favorite.