“An Amazing Day - Best Ziplining!”

Big Island Eco Adventures II Zipline Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Kapaau
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience of a lifetime awaits you among some of the world’s most spectacular scenery – Zip with BIEA II through the unspoiled and breathtaking mountains and gulches of historic North Kohala... On your roughly three-hour guided adventure tour with Big Island Eco Adventures II, you’ll be soaring high above our lush North Kohala gulches on eight exhilarating runs crisscrossing tropical ravines. Summon your courage across our two-hundred foot suspension bridge hovering over a beautiful fern grotto. At our charming natural Mango Hut, enjoy locally-made light snacks and beverages before zipping right off our Hut platform! Finish the tour with unparalleled views of the Waianaia Gulch and the Pacific Ocean. You’ll learn about Hawaii’s natural and cultural history throughout your voyage, enriching your experience every step of the way with BIEA II.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We had a blast the day we went ziplining with BIEA! Well worth the 1.5 hour drive from Kona. If you read the review and their website you know what to expect, a drive in a six wheel vehicle, eight zip lines and a stop at the Mac Nut Hut. What they don't tell you is that their staff is great, our two guides were a lot of fun and really made the day for my fiance and I. They also don't tell you about the last two zip lines or some of the amazing sights and views, I won't spill the secret but this is definitely in the top three of four things to do on the Big Island. We'll come back once we have kids or once their new more aggressive zip line course opens!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"helmets"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Out of our group none of us had every ziplined, 1 scared of heights and one 68 years old. The guides were knowledgable and put safety first, But also very funny and practical jokers. I say get our of your comfort zone and try this, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

First of all, our guides were amazing! Brandon and Jay were incredible guides in that they were funny, safe, and in tune to everyone's needs. There were 8 ziplines on this tour all of which were good but 7 and 8 are insane. Spectacular views of the rainforest and waterfalls. Very well organized tour company and very safe. Also, the ride up would have been a great trip by itself - tip: definately book the 10:00 or 2:30 trip because you get to ride in a hummer and your tour group is only 7 as opposed to 11 or 12. In all, a great time. If you're worried about the drive to Hawi, the views along the highways are beautiful and definately worth it.

2  Thank Windswept-Sam
Reviewed February 22, 2011

FUN! FUN! FUN! We had a great Valentine’s day Hummer ziplining tour with Adam and Shannon. Every part of our trip, including the hummer ride was good times. Our guides made sure we had a great time and were very entertaining. I was actually surprised how well they delivered their jokes that they probably tell twice a day. They seemed to also have a great time, which was important for the whole group’s fun factor. This was my first time ziplining and I was a bit nervous; we also had a lady in our group that had a fear of heights. But all of us had a great time, starting off with a bunny zipline and building up to a zipline #8 where you jump off a cliff; you don’t have to jump, but it’s not as much fun if you just walk off the cliff… Never once did I feel that I’m not safe. Adam and Shannon did a great job; one of them was always at the start and another one was waiting at the end. After zipline #6, you arrive at a rest area where they serve you water, soda, Mac nuts, and yummy banana bread while enjoying the sounds of the waterfall. Bring your bugs spray, you’ll need it. You are ziplining in a real rainforest, so bugs are feasting on you freely. A fantastic experience and a great way to spend four hours of your vacation time. Have lunch at Sushi Rock and grab some delicious ice-cream at Kohala Coffee Mill / Tropical Dreams. Consider going to the Polulu valley from here, it’s only about 20 minute drive from Hawi and not to be missed!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I cannot tell you what a great time we had with Vernon (slingshot) and Sao! I was terrified but by the time we had been in the jeep for 5 minutes I was laughing so much I forgot to be scared. By the 3rd zipline I was asking to go first and running off the edge! I can't praise our guides enough. They were warm and funny and very professional and I never felt scared. If you are afraid of heights like I am you should go anyway. MAHALO Y'ALL!