“Average food and cruise ship premium”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Konoba Komin

Konoba Komin
Ranked #33 of 76 Restaurants in Korcula Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian, Seafood, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Down one of the first alleys on your right as you enter through the majestic gate of Korcula Old Town is an authentic konoba--complete with peka! find. With With
“Average food and cruise ship premium”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Eating in Korcula old town offers lovely views and a great sense of occasion however it services cruise ships stopping in and our experiences were that the restaurants react by producing average overpriced food, our meal contained vegetables and meat that has been overcooked and were dripping in oil.

The taste was acceptable but the quality and cost would not have me coming back again. If you can get a better local recommendation then I would suggest you take it!

When we commented on the food the waitress brought us a shot of some vile local spirit.

• Visited June 2012

Sheffield
“One of the better places with a view”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

There are a lot of restaurants in the old town, either on the perimeter of the old town with a sea view or in one of the many tight alleyways sat outside in the shaddy bustle of the town. This is one of the former. To find this one its right at the far side, next to the pricey but popular cocktail bar in the fort.
I would have given this place 4 stars but I was stung a bit by the fish price, that wasn’t clear on the menu. There are 4 or 5 tables out by the sea and the rest in a conservatory at the front of the building. All the tables outside were full but seeing a couple of tables were due to pay we decided to wait which was for about 20 minutes and by the time we sat the sun had already gone down and it was actually a little cold with a few mosi's about. Never mind.
Service was excellent and the waitress brought over her home made fig brandy at the end, which was a very nice touch. I had the black risotto for the first time, which I really enjoyed and had about 3 times during the holiday. My wife had the soup which was fine. My wife is pregnant so many things aren’t suitable. For the main she had grilled pork, she was offered two different cuts and ended up going with the gammon, this was cut to be very crispy which is the way she likes it so all good.
Here is where I was stung. Being almost in the sea, I went for fish. The place gets fresh fish each day and the type differs, therefore rather than being printed as a set price offer four options. Class 1 KG, class 1 portion, class 2 KG and class 2 portion. The class 2 fish on offer was shark, which I wasnt interested in, the class 1 was bream. I went for the latter which stated on the menu it was 90kn for a portion, the waitress told me when I ordered that it was about 400 gm, didnt realise why she said that but thought it was informative. The fish was fine but when the bill arrived the fish wasnt 90 but 185kn. I presume that the portion may have said it was around 200 gm but cant say I remember that, but I think this is a weird way of doing it for a few reasons. 1, if they are going to charge me by weight that I dont want the head and tail or bones, so just bring out what I can eat. and 2, how do I know is 400gm, its not like I will weight it when it comes out. Think this is a bit of a dodgy way or doing it. Prefer to know the price before I order it, not have to work out a calculation of of weight vrs cost for everything I order, I wasnt planning on trading it or importing it, just eating it, so why make it complicated?

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank AJBrown81
Belfast N.Ireland
“Make sure you find it”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is an excellent restaurant.They want to be authentic,homely and homemade,and they have achieved all of these.Lovely location and reasonably priced,it provides wonderful dishes including lamb,fish and seafood of all sorts,and black rice with squid to die. Very good service,English and house wine.Don't miss it

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank AlanRosie
London, United Kingdom
“Great fish - full of locals!”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Had a lovely meal in this restaurant. It has a few seats outside on the edge of the old town. The waitress was helpful explaining the menu (which was needed as there were no descriptions). We had homemade knocchi (came with tomato and prawns) and grilled squid (big portion and very tasty) that came with potatoes. We also had a salad. We shared it all and loved it. Had wine and it came to about £30 inc tip. They had seafood specials that we didn't see and I think I would have more fresh fish there.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank AmyS78
Sydney, Australia
“Lamb in a bell - out of this world!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Were told by locals that this restaurant was good and you should have the lamb in a bell but it must be ordered early and preferably the day before as it takes about 6 hours to cook.....and you had to be seated ready to eat at the time you set your booking. We got there a little early and watched the final cooking of the lamb in the wood fired oven with logs on top and around the bell. The lamb was cutlets and other pieces which were amazing with hand cut potato chips and vegetables which had all been marinating and cooking inside the bell. Very reasonably priced and they have a good white house wine and cold beer on tap. The owner and staff are very friendly and helped us with tickets to a local show by making phone calls and having the tickets delivered to the restaurant....amazing..

• Visited June 2011