Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
$149
$145
$128
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsexecutive roomleisure facilitiestable tennissauna and steam roomswimming poolbar mealslake districtgames roomlovely hotelgood sizefamily roomfour poster bedlarge roomlounge areaan upgradeenjoyable stayhigh standard
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

It was just by chance that I found this place as I was just literally driving around looking for somewhere to stay.

I must admit that I was very glad to find it and if in the area again, this is the place I will go back to.

Location wise, very close and central to everything that you need to see and do. It's also just tucked away nicely to keep things nice and peaceful which is a great contrast to city life.

The room was well done with some nice biscuits waiting to have with your tea. As well as having everything you need, some slippers and a dressing gown was a nice addition. Given the poor phone reception, wifi was also thrown in for free, with a separate code given for every device that you may have!

The room was clean and kept well, I was expecting the decor to be dated, but it was actually really nice. The only thing I found strange was a slightly weird smell near the main entrance to the corridor. Kind of had that medical smell and I have had a lot worse in other hotels.

I didn't get a chance to enjoy the bar or restaurant as I already had plans elsewhere but looking around the place, people seemed to be enjoying what they were consuming.

Price wise, pretty competitive for what was around the area. I was expecting to pay much more, especially as it was last minute and on a Saturday!

I will definitely be back when I am in the UK again.

• Stayed: June 2013
pleewells, Owner at Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and kind words on Tripadvisor. My team work really hard to ensure that all guests have a fantastic experience at the hotel.

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel when you are next back in the UK.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I saw this event advertised in the Readers Digest and decided to book up for my husband and me. We followed the directions on the company's web side and did not use the satnav as instructed. Unfortunately the instructions were not accurate so rang the hotel. Unfortunately, the receptionist did not or could not give us exact instructions so, we stopped off at a caravan site and asked one of the residents to direct us.
We arrived at the hotel and saw the car park at the front of the hotel and we parked there. We emptied the car and walked into the hotel to be greeted with a notice stating, 'For reception, please use car park at the rear'! As we were already in the hotel, we walked to reception which was at the back of the building and down some stairs. We then had to walk with our luggage all the way back again to the front of the hotel to our room - all the while carrying our luggage and jackets. We saw on our way back to our room a notice stating that reception has moved and can now be found at the rear of the hotel. Seems a strange place to put reception, especially when there are no notices at all in the car park to tell you that reception is at the back and also that there is alternative parking at the rear. Such a shame because when we got to our room, it was really very nice!
Our room was a double and it was really clean and spacious - much larger than usually found in a hotel. The en-suite was quite small but had a good shower, loo and washing area. There were good quality toiletries and it was very clean.
The main reason for us going there was to take part in a Murder Mystery dinner. It was the first time we had been to one and we were not disappointed. The meal was nice but nothing special as the main reason for being there was to find out who dun it! It was well acted out and great fun in trying to find out who murdered the butler. A really good night.
The cost of the event was £27.50 per person to include dinner and the murder and the overnight stay was £25 per person.
All in all it was very good value for money and would certainly do it all again. At least we know now to park at the back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and glad you enjoyed your stay and the Murder Mystery Dinner. We recently moved Reception to make it more accessible to the Large Car-park and Guest Rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and incidentally we have another Murder Mystery Weekend with a Christmas theme on Saturday 7th December.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Excellent hotel stay. Excellent accommodation. Excellent service. Excellent location. Excellent food. Just EXCELLENT cant wait to go back. Great for exploring the whole area can recommend the food at hotel didn't try the restaurant but had first rate bar food with well above average food and service.
Also travelled around the lakes and perfect location for the short trips out in all directions car a must bus stops right outside the hotel and every point of interest which is nice to use for the "Eco" traveller when in the lakes but the service was far too infrequent to be usable on this basis.

Room Tip: All looked very high standard
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank terry r
pleewells, Owner at Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are really pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and are looking forward to you re-visiting. We have many favourable comments about the food selection throughout the hotel and it's great tio hear that you enjoyed it also.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend away and fell in love with the hotel, the room, the food and the scenic views.
A very competitive price for a lovely hotel with a spa, indoor pool, restaurant and bar. The rooms are beautifully decorated with all usual features, tea, coffee, biscuits and flat screen tv. The use of spa and pool are included in price and are great facilities you should make use of while here. We ate in the restaurant and the food was without doubt, some of the nicest I have ever had. Happy, friendly and helpful staff also made this a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Eoin B

Dear Guest

Thank you for feedback. We are really glad that you enjoyed staying at the hotel, as always I will pass your kind words onto the team and we will all look forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night in June this year.

Nice decor, rooms not too old, not too new. Warm with the sun and struggled to sleep at night, but I don't think that's the hotels fault.

Food was nice, couldn't finish my burger as it was massive, chicken wings were a little dry.

Shower was great, nice and modern.

Nice bug bed after a hard days work.

Would stay again.

Had a £20 allowance and asked the barman how much I had left to spend, he said under £20 and I had enough for a Pepsi.

On checking out I was asked for £2.80 odd as I went over the allowance, the boy could not count, but wasn't going to argue over split milk, better training perhaps?

Room Tip: Get one away from the sun
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

As with all comments I have fed these back to the team here at the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are sorry about the confusion on the allowance. In fact the allowance is only for food though and not beverage. I have since re-clarified this point with the beverage team.

Thank you once again.