The Castle Inn can rightly boast top marks for its position, staff and food. Try their new Friday evening Tapas menu - it's very good. However, their leisure facilities are not earning any Brownie points.
Changing room: had to move the clutter left on the benches by other users despite notices on the walls asking customers to use the lockers to free up bench space.
Steam room: erratic to say the least. Members of the club were splashing cold water about in order for the thermostat to kick in or were leaving the door open to get it to work! There was a hint of essence but it did little to mask the dank smell associated with dirty drains.
The Jacuzzi: Closed until further notice. Apparently this ancient machine has regularly conked out over the years. Oddly I couldn't find any reference to a Jacuzzi on the hotel website.
The hotel boasts a large new reception area and car park which makes one expect equally impressive facilities within. Not so. Which is a shame.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Castle Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Best Western Keswick
- Best Western Castle Hotel
- Best Western Bassenthwaite
- Bassenthwaite Best Western
- Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel Bassenthwaite