“Do Not Miss This One”

The Coach House Restaurant at Ravenstone Lodge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is open to non-residents 7 days a week and is situated in a lovely rural setting on the A591 5 miles north of Keswick.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It would be easy to overlook this great restaurant with amazing food near Keswick. One would assume a small inn/b&b would not be worth the stop unless you were staying there.you would be wrong.
While staying at Ravenstone Lodge would make it easier to dine and enjoy a meal at the Coach House, you do not have to stay there to enjoy the fine dinning..
We stayed four fantastic nights and expected to sample the local restaurants, but after one great dinner, following the best breakfast we have ever had, my wife and I decided why bother going anywhere else?
An unpretentious room with a wonderful setting and fantastic food. Dinners that you might expect in London at thrice the price, well served. Elad , the chef does a truly exceptional job in preparing memorable meals. We experienced lamb, salmon, and steak each locally sourced and accompanied by local, seasonal legumes. Creative deserts and fine service and a good wine list top it all off. Do not miss it!

1  Thank Traveler234280

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying for a week at the Ravenstone Lodge. After dining at the Coach House the first evening, I decided that this is where I would dine for the rest of my holiday. Everything was perfect: the variety of the menu, the service, the wine, the atmosphere, the view - there really was no need to dine elsewhere! The food was perfectly cooked and served, and all around me I heard the expressions of satisfied diners. First class and value for money. Thank you all, especially the talented chef.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently visited the Coach House and were extremely impressed!
From the warm welcome, the service and the sublime home cooked food together with an excellent wine choice it could not be faulted.
Thoroughly Recommended!!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at Ravenstone Lodge for 7 nights. We ate in the Coach House every evening.The welcome you get from the friendly and highly efficient staff is first class. The quality of the ingredients and the imagination of the cooking was wonderfuland the variety such that we ate for 7 nights without repeating a dish. The view from the restaurant is true Lake District and worth the visit alone. The breakfast menu is wide and providesan excellent start for a day out in Cumbria.
The reputation of Ravenstone Lodge has clearly been spread as during our visit a number of non residents came out for a meal. A real gem.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is honestly one of the best restaurants I have ever been to in terms of quality of food!! A lovely romantic setting with a view of the lake, I will definitely be returning on my next visit to the lake district! I only wish I had asked the chef for his recipes!!!