The Pheasant Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$156
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfell restaurantshepherds pietriple cooked chipsscotch eggresidents loungefor sunday lunchcosy barlake districtfine dininglovely lunchmain courseroast beefbooked a tablecountry hotelfirst classcomfortable roomslovely food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Wonderful old style coaching inn. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Legendary bar. Two great options for dinner a bistro and a formal restaurant both of which serve outstanding food. A breakfast upon which you can walk all day. Staff are all very friendly and helpful. Overall a great base with a welcome home atmosphere - especially after a long day on the hills.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I loved the cosy feel of this place. Lovely bar area and front room with plenty of character. Friendly attentive staff. Had a lovely fish cake starter, one of the best I have had. The braised beef pie special was a not as good as expected ( big on vegetables and mushrooms, short on meat) but still fairly tasty. Menu can be a bit pricey. Overall, I would rate this as "Good" and would come here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I got married on the 29th of December 2013 and we had our wedding reception at the Pheasant Inn for 19 guests. The level of service was excellent and this made our special day faultless. The reception was in the private dining room and we also had a lounge to ourselves too - making the whole experience intimate and very romantic! The food and wine was great and we couldn't have asked for more and would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of doing the same. We now look forward to spending our future wedding anniversaries there too!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had been meaning to visit The Pheasant for a long time and finally got round to it! The staff were lovely and the restaurant itself very pleasant. I was, however, disappointed with the food. Portion sizes were very small. I am not a big eater and I ordered an additional side of vegetables but still felt it wasn't really the hearty meal I was expecting for the price. I had trout and the portion size was tiny. I also felt that there was something lacking. The only accompaniment was a tiny portion of vegetables on top of which sat my tiny piece of fish! Very little imagination in this particular dish. Thank you, though, to the good service and helpful staff.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kernowcouple94
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have been staying at the Pheasant for around 20 years. This was a nostalgic trip back to our old stomping ground after a 10 year absence - we now live in Alberta Canada after emigrating in 2004. Some nice changes - mainly noted was the Bistro and new formal restaurant, which we ate in this time round. A good menu although somewhat limited. Our only qualm was portion size - the main dish should have included a side of vegetables as without this addition, the meal was meagre for the price. the dessert was disappointing and again, limited. Otherwise standards have remained the same ... the bar was totally unchanged, thank goodness. We will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends