We have just enjoyed another lovely stay at 'The Pheasant Inn'. We have lost count of the number of times we have stayed here over a period of thirty years. It never disapoints and, whilst there have been changes over the years, with the arrival of the Bistro and the much improved bedrooms, the ambience remains 'The Pheasant'
We (well - me actually!!) always make pigs of ourselves with the homemade crisps but we were wise enough to leave room for the 'vegetable crisps' served with our drinks. Yumeeee!!
Our three breakfasts set us up nicely for days spent enjoying favourite walks, then back for a lovely relaxing time over dinner. I noticed that one reviewer didn't like the Bistro.He should have tried the dining room, where you will enjoy a gentle, quiet atmosphere and a superb dinner.
The staff are all excellent. Attentive without being 'pushy' and very friendly.
I'm going to sign off and book another visit for March. 'The Pheasant' - LOVE IT!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District