We have been going to The Pheasant Inn for well over 25 years and have never been disappointed! Last week end was no exception, we celebrated a wedding anniversary and the food and accomodation was excellent. We found the staff as helpful as ever and love the cosy quaint lounges each with log fires. Coffee or afternoon teas in these lounges are very popular.
However, we do believe The Pheasant is an acquired taste and people we talk to, like our selves, have been coming for years and quite often we meet the same people.
There is a choice of dining in the Bistro or Fell restaurant, both are very good but we find the Bistro has a better atmosphere, the choice of wines is also good.
The locals we meet in the bar are a friendly crowd and yes, I have a comment about the beer, apparently the cask ales are excellent but I'm not a cask ale drinker!
We will be back at The Pheasant in the Spring, Summer and Autumn, which just happens to coincide with Birthdays and anniversaries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District