We used to drink at the Pheasant many years ago and so were highly relieved that the bar remains exactly the same as we remembered. The bistro seemed quite pleasant and lively and we enjoyed the informality of eating there. Our rooms were very comfortable and luxurious and my only request, as an unsteady elderly person, is that there might be a grab rail in the shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District