We dined here for the 4th time on Sat 29 Dec after discovering this little gem of a place in 2011, and thought it was about time I left a review.
It is a little off the usual "tourist trail" (it's a 5-10min drive out of Keswick) which makes it even more special as it isn't over-run with them.
We've never stayed here (would love to but the in-laws live closeby so cannot ever foresee having the need to) so can't comment on the accommodation but the food and setting is amazing.
You can dine in several locations - the brasserie, bar, lounge, garden (if the weather is fine) and we've now tried all of them! In summer the garden is lovely and tranquil, but in winter we would choose the bar (but it tends to fill up quickly) or the lounge (with its open log fires).
The food (both taste and presentation) is excellent and portion sizes are more than adequate, you certainly won't leave here hungry.
The service has been great on every occasion.
This is a gem of a hotel, and I'm sure we'll be back time and time again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District