This hotel was recommended to us and we certainly would not have found it on our own as it is off the main road. It certainly was a pleasant experience. A very old world hotel full of old world charm, decor, service, and manners. Beautiful gardens in the grounds in different small sections to explore. Excellent food and we did not even extend ourselves to the fine dining restaurant. Modernised rooms and bathrooms with all the modern conveniences. Very enjoyable in a beautiful part of England. The only negative is having to carry heavy suitcases up the staircase as there is no lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District