“Fantastic Getaway”

Bathroom
The Games Room
The Full Size Snooker Table
Bassenthwaite Lake
buttermere, crummock water and loweswater
Bassenthwaite Lake, Skiddaw, Ullock Pike & Dodd
ennerdale
keswick town centre
cockermouth
derwentwater jetty
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Riskii668...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Getaway”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Our stay at The Stable was well worth the journey. Located in High Brigham, it's a perfect distance from both the coast and the lakes, meaning we could spend a day at both.

The accommodation itself was very comfortable with everything we needed and the wood burner made the evenings relaxing for both us and our dog! The kitchen and bathroom were both well kept and modern but didn't distract from the traditional feeling of the building. Located in a spacious courtyard, it was easy to find and allowed us to chat to our neighbours.

If we return to the lakes, we will definitely book this accommodation again.

Liked best: Location and space
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Hannah W
Southport, United Kingdom
“Home from home perfection!! 10/10.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I recently booked this beautiful cottage for my other half as a treat for his birthday, after looking around at quite a few different locations in the Lake District and enquiring about a few different cottages I decided to go with this one as the price was fabulous and Mark was really helpful with the information he provided me about the cottage itself and surrounding areas. Mark was so quick with his email responses and worked around my payment requests to ensure every one of my needs were met, this made dealing with him much more pleasant and has encouraged me to deal with him again .

I knew that we would be arriving late so was told that the cottage would be all ready for our arrival. On arrival I was stunned as to how beautiful the cottage was, it was homely, very well kitted out inside and so immaculate, perfect to settle down in front of the fire with a glass of bubbly (I was pleased to find champagne flutes and an ice bucket, also ice in the freezer). Little touches like that really make such a big difference.

There was a bag of logs and a basket full of newspaper etc to get the fire up and running and once it was going it was so delightful to sit in front of, so cosy and romantic.

I had been shopping prior to my trip but when I realised I had no butter or bread I popped down to the shop in the village, only about a 2 minute walk from the cottage and such a warm welcoming little place. Ended up coming out with far more than I needed as the selection of things on offer in there is unreal.

I especially like the fact that this cottage is dog friendly as I was able to take my pooch along with me, so many different places to walk with him and when we had spent the day walking around the lakes we would all crash out and relax!!

The bedrooms are lovely and the bed is so comfy (2 pillows each as well which was a nice surprise) All bedding and towels are provided too which is brilliant and the shower is so powerful!!

My stay was absolutely faultless and I would encourage anyone thinking about staying here to do it. I have already recommended this cottage to a number of my friends and family and I will 100% be back here in the new year.

Top marks for this beautiful cottage.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the property was perfect.
Liked least: Nothing I didn't enjoy!!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
KevPSmith
“An excellent cottage in a great location”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I stayed with a friend in The Stables, which is a superbly fitted out two bedroom cottage. It was clean, comfortable and had pretty much everything taken care of which you may need.
The booking process was made very simple with a prompt and very informative set of emails from the owner, Mark. We knew we would be arriving pretty late into the evening and this was taken care of so there were no issues at all on our arrival.

The cottage had excellent bedding, towels and best of all a superb shower !
We made full use of the wood burner (being townies, this took a bit of thought !), but had we failed the cottage had excellent heating.

All round it was a great venue and within a 5-10 minute drive of Cockermouth and 20-30 minutes of most places within the park itself.

The cherry on the cake would have been some Wi-Fi, as the phone signal is not the greatest, but this obviously wasn't advertised so we knew we would be cut off, which was fine.

Hope to visit again and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Lee B
rochdale
“Idyllic Home From Home”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We wanted somewhere away from the hustle & bustle, somewhere where we could sit back, relax & appreciate everything the lakes has to offer within a 20 minute drive. This was more than perfect.

The location of the building in such an idyllic surround as the village itself paid paramount for a 6 minute drive off the A66, excellent location.

Loved every minute of the stay & will revisit again in the future.

Liked best: Location
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Liked best: Proximity to the Lakes
Liked least: Not having a mountain/country view.
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
jan33uk
bolton
“Just brilliant”
Reviewed July 4, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We stayed for the weekend in the stables with my sons aged 14 and 10 and there friend and our dog,we booked as a last minute thing for a base in the lakes.he cottage is on a courtyard with other neighbours all of which are very friendly and very dog friendly.The cottage was immacultate and very well equipped and i would definatly reccomend to anyone wanting to stay in the lakes.Mark the owner of the cottage is very helpful and responds to any questions asked.Can't wait to return

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$114
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing