1,890 results
All reviewslakeview restaurantthe outdoor hot tubarmathwaite hallafternoon teaclub roomaroma roomquichehush roomglass of champagnecream teadress codestately homethermal suiteon arrivalsandwichescourse mealmain restaurant
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I had afternoon tea here with friend on booking a few weeks before I advised them I had was allergy to fish.
So on the day when the afternoon tea can there was no fish which was good but they had just left the fish out rather than replacing it, so we were given cream cheese sandwiches as they had left out the salmon and just plain cucumber sandwiches as they had left out the tuna!!

For £22:50 I would of expected that they would of replaced theses items with something ells!
This is not allergy friendly really they obviously have no time for people with allergies if they can’t even think of a nice replacement for them so they still have a good experience like every one ells!
If I had said I was allergic to bread would I just of received a dollop of cream cheese on a plate!!
A very disappointing experience all in all unfortunately.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hunhun1
Simon S, General Manager at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear Guest,

Afternoon Teas are a significant part of our business in the hotel and I am proud to say that in the main we get it right for many of our guests and receive an immense amount of compliments. I would like to thank you for your comments as they have been read out to the staff and managers concerned, who are deeply apologetic.

Overall, I have to say that what you have experienced is certainly not indicative of the standards we strive for. We are normally superb when it comes to dealing with food allergens, displaying a subtle service approach and of course, offering variety.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Been again the Hotel every visit it updates another part not only has the Spa been extended they now have changed the Bar to a beautiful Cocktail Lounge.
The staff there are exceptional Carlos & another guy who works with his fiancée they were very helpful and great to talk to.

Room Tip: Just ask reception
Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stunning review of your experiences at Armathwaite Hall. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It was a pleasure to read and I thank you for taking the opportunity to recognise the contribution of the team in making your stay with us a special one.

Yes we are extremely proud of our new Cocktail Bar..!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2017

Just returned from a two night stay. It is approx. 9 months since our last visit. During that time the wonderful spa facilities have been extended and improved. They were very good before, now they are even better. The bar area has been re designed but the refurbishment had not been quite completed so was not yet opened, however it still looked impressive. The staff were their usual friendly, attentive and professional selves. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent in both the Lake view Restaurant and the Brassiere. The owners of this hotel obviously continue to reinvest into it and it therefore keeps it standards very high. They are to be congratulated. We have just booked another two night break early 2018.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you on behalf of myself and the Graves family for sharing your amazing experience of Armathwaite Hall Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is a delight to read that you continue to enjoy staying with us and mention several of the highlights in your review.

If there is anything that we can do to further enhance your experience please do not hesitate to email me at simon.steele@armathwaite-hall.com or contact me by telephone on 017687 76551.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in 2018..!

Very best wishes,

Reviewed November 29, 2017

Excellent Philly Steak sandwich in the Brasserie for just £10 including french fries and side salad from the afternoon menu available from 12 - 6 p.m. Very comfortable venue in a splendid country setting.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful snack.

Our Courtyard Brasserie is a quirky place where we take such pride in ensuring our guests have the best possible experience, achieving this through our personable, friendly and attentive service; comments such as yours, gives the team great satisfaction..!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Everyone expects things to go wrong from time to time. What distinguishes the competent from the incompetent is leadership and training of staff. The water pressure was so poor that the shower produced a dribble so it wasn’t possible to shower. When this was mentioned the receptionist was not capable of handling the issue and referred it to the duty manager. I am still waiting for him to call me over an hour since I left! If you are looking for a shower and good service try elsewhere. We book large corporate events - will not be using this venue again!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank travellingadz

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience with us; this is not the norm at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa.

With reference to the bedroom shower, we do strive to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable, however I do apologise that the water pressure was not as you would have hoped. For point of reference, our Duty Manager that morning tried on several occasions to contact you to explain our shortcomings yet to no avail.

If you would like to discuss or share with me your concerns fully, please call 017687 76551 or email simon.steele@armathwaite-hall.com

Yours sincerely,