Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
$147
$201
Kiln Hill Barn(Bassenthwaite)
1,803 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tublake view restaurantarmathwaite hallafternoon teaclub roomhush roomglass of champagnearoma roomcream tealakeview restaurantstately homethermal suiteon arrivalsconescourse mealquichechristmas decorations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Does not understand the poor reviews on this place at all!!!! It's beautiful, lovely staff in a fantastic setting.

We stayed for 2 nights in February. Arriving late around 11pm. The staff couldn't of been more accommodating. Food was delivered to our room within 20mins. With 2 ice cold beers.

Spa treatments and facilities were amazing. Swimming pool was great. And being in the outdoor hot tub whilst it was freezing was great.

Food here is amazing. The guy who greets you on an evening (sorry can't remember name) is a true gentleman. Attention to detail here was superb. Great wine selection. And beers very well priced. Couldn't of asked for a better stay.

Get booking!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went with a voucher we had been bought. reading on Armathwaite website and having sampled many other afternoon teas in different places was looking forward to a nice afternoon. The grounds were lovely, and staff polite. However we were sat in a corner of the conservatory, with patio doors to the outside that constantly scraped on the floor when staff were in and out to other guests. Then the tea came and I was slightly disappointed at the amount for two, it was nice food, but you don't usually get mini quiche on an afternoon tea. There were 6 VERY small one bite finger sarnies and the cakes were in short supply for two of us 5 tiny little fancies, but didn't think to much about at that point. until the tea for two arrived for other guest not with a voucher and the quantity and choice was very different. I then felt bad for my step daughter who had bought the voucher has she had been mislead, she herself had been for afternoon tea non voucher, hence why she bought a voucher so we could experience the same but unfortunately didnt
If a voucher tea is different from a pay on the day tea then it should be stated at point of purchase.
I do believe it is the same cost with or without a voucher.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank denise c
GMsteele, General Manager at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor.

May I firstly offer my apologies for the impression you have received. As I am sure you have read the numerous reviews on Armathwaite Hall, I trust and hope you appreciate your experience did not reflect our usual high standards in Afternoon Tea service.

As with all feedback, I take constructive comments very seriously, however on this occasion, I am a little perplexed as we do not have any distinguishing features between one afternoon tea offering to another? Please call me personally on 017687 76551 to discuss? I do hope I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best wishes,

Simon Steele

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This review is just based on the bar i the fuction room of the hotel. For such a great expense you would expect quality and knowlege in a 4* hotel. I found this massivley lacking in the bar, very basic bog standard drinks on offer, not even any lemon for a gin or lime for a rum... Staff were quite clueless. Shame as it is a beautiful hotel and has the potential to be so much better with a few small changes. Get some fruit for your bar and a more premium range of drinks. Would suit the 4* image much better

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Fabulous hotel in beautiful surroundings, even alpacas to gaze at. Excellent service from signing to leaving. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, just so luxurious and elegant. Breakfast is taken in the conservatory which looks over beautiful gardens down to the lake. Food was of a very high standard with faultless service. We also used the Spa which was heavenly, one of the best we have ever been to. Top quality in every aspect, will definitely be going again.

Room Tip: Spa room or suite, total luxury
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at this lovely hotel at the beginning of June. The hotel is set in beautifully landscaped grounds with the most wonderful views. Our room was very tastefully decorated and had everything we needed (only one very SMALL point - the shower could have benefited from being more powerful).

As for the food and service - I simply cannot believe this is only a 4-star as both were EXCEPTIONAL. (Far superior to the 5-star Cameron House at Loch Lomond where we stayed a few months back). The staff couldn't have made us more welcome and were very attentive throughout our short stay. The food in the main hotel restaurant was absolutely delicious but we also thoroughly enjoyed the meal we had in the brasserie.

The outside hot tub was an added bonus - sitting there in the sunshine watching the bunny rabbits running around the landscaped gardens was delightful.

The only downside was that we hadn't book for longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple