1,892 results
All reviewslakeview restaurantthe outdoor hot tubarmathwaite hallafternoon teaclub roomaroma roomquichehush roomglass of champagnecream teadress codestately homethermal suiteon arrivalsandwichescourse mealmain restaurant
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have always stayed in the "old part" of the hotel, which is stunning. Usually for a spa weekend with two friends when we are feeling totally exhausted. I always feel like I have stayed for a week and feel totally rejuvenated and like I have had a week away. The spa is wonderful and relaxing and the rooms are quaint and impressive at the same time. The restaurant is amazing, with beautiful food. The staff are attentive and will do anything for you. I cannot recommend Armathwaite enough if you want to unwind.

Room Tip: I would stay in the "old part" of the hotel - very charming!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CUMBRIABLONDIE
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food from the a la carte restaurant is sumptuous...every meal time, and every course was wonderful; faultless food, just amazing. Gabi our waiter remembered us and our preferences from our previous visits (unusual to have attentive staff like that) The maitre d' was a real gentleman and made a wonderful dinner all the better!

Accommodation is excellent too, when we were at dinner, every night, the staff was come in to our rooms, replace water, turn back bed covers etc...

Spa side is wonderful...the swimming pool, sauna etc... was brilliant, I wasn't quite brave enough for the arctic shower though!

All in all a brilliant break, well worth visiting!

Room Tip: Ground floor spa rooms had own patio areas.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ddavesmith
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My anniversary was ruined upon arrival at this hotel. I was spoke to in the most derogatory way by the general manager. Very rudely examined my attire. Bluntly told not asked to go to reception. Then he shook his head at my girlfriend and "pfft" with disgust in her face. If you are a young couple don't stay here. You won't feel welcome. All the old/high earners will look at you like common mud. As will some of the staff. Rooms are quite nice. Lady and gentlemen that work in brasserie were amazing! Spa was excellent. But just ashame that I was made to feel like this on arrival and by other guests.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Dalehattie
GMsteele, General Manager at Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

We welcome all customers to Armathwaite Hall and across every spectrum of society. We are passionate about the 'arrival process' to our hotel with investment in a dedicated team to ensure all guests are greeted with sherry on check in, a warm smile (hopefully!), tour of the hotel and private escort to your bedroom. Whilst I appreciate your positive comments on other aspects of your stay, I must close by stating that excellent levels of hospitality are achieved from the 'top, down' and genuinely believe that either signals have been misunderstood, or you have (as is commonly said) '...got the wrong end of the stick'. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Fantastic hotel, just gets better, got married there 11 years ago and do it again that this hotel. Staff cannot do enough for you, food is superb location outstanding and the new leisure complex is excellent.

I will be back worth every penny and I stay in hotels all over the world.

Bill.

Room Tip: They are all good or superb rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Daughter treated me to a one night spa escape for my 60th birthday. I have always wanted to stay at Armathwaite hall and it was lovely. We arrived at 1pm and our room was ready although not guaranteed until 2.30pm. We had a spa room which was very spacious and well furnished.It was on the ground floor and had patio doors opening to the gardens and patio furniture which was great as the day was very hot and sunny.I received a card and complimentary box of chocs and we each had a complimentary glass of champagne with our dinner which was a nice touch. We went straight into the spa and luckily got sunloungers outside on the decked area next to the hot tub. The spa has everything and although children are allowed into the pool area at specified times they are not allowed in the thermal suite or hot tub, so their nuisance value is limited. We both opted for the hot stones massage, fabulous!. Dinner was served in the courtyard brasserie although the more formal,Lake view restaurant was an option at a supplement. The food was lovely, beautifully cooked and presented, although the choice was limited. A full cumbrian breakfast was served in the Lake view restaurant, which overlooks the lake. This was a fabulous break for a special occaision and I would definitely return.It is pricey and we travelled from South Tyneside which is a 2 hour journey but it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are nearer to the spa and some are ground floor, perfect if you are taking your dog
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family