After reading the latest reviews I thought about writing this review.
This hotel is and probably one of the only last hidden away gems in the Lake District.
I have stayed here 4 times so far with the family bringing our dogs along too. Each and every visit has out done the last.
The service from reception staff, brasserie staff, house keeping and spa staff is the best I think you will find.
I have always found them to be completely understanding in any matter and if some issue has been raised they have always endeared to get it sorted ASAP.
I recently visited with my girlfriend for valentines weekend and from the start to the finish of the holiday we were made to feel like the only guests at the hotel. The room we had overlooked the front car park and huge open grounds and woods. The old stair case leading up the rooms is really something special. The old wood smell and wood panelling really does give the sense of getting away from all the modernity of daily life and makes you feel as if you really have gone back in time. The location and tranquility of this hotel really is break taking. It is something I look forward to each year.
The food is just incredible. That is all I need to say. Scallops or the parfait for starter any day. Simply the best!
When I last came there was a slight quibble with some champagne being added to the bill which we did not have but after speaking to reception it was all cleared up and sorted out. Within in no time they had it under control and could not apologise enough.
We are booking asa Family again for the weekend before Christmas this year and cannot wait to get back. We always end up talking about this hotel and the many many great times we have had when friends come over for drinks. It really is a memory maker whether for the family, as a couple or for some special occasion with friends. I honestly cannot rate this hotel highly enough. You need to experience this place to believe it!
Simply put, you need to experience it to believe it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District