This hotel is beautiful and the scenery is fantastic.
The only issue is the staff, they are so incredibly rude!
I am under 30 and consider myself quite savvy when it comes to technology but when i was having issues turning on the plasma tv in the bathroom i was treated like I was incredibly dumb and was not worthy of being in this supposed 5* hotel!
When the guy turned up to my room to try to turn on the television, which by the way was actually broken, he continued to be rude and said said it would not be able to be fixed until the following day, which was when i was leaving.
The staff were also not very organised for our small conference with lunch not being prepared for the times specified and when it did turn up, no drinks were available.
Also, even though the food was lovely, the service was horrendous in the restaurant, no pleasantries and had to order drinks several times before they actually came and there was only our party of 8 there!
The bar shut at 11.30pm and again dealing with the staff after this time to get a drink was a painstaking task!
The shower was also not working properly and when i told the staff when iwas checking out, no apology or comment was made.
So if you want to go to an incredibly beautiful building with great surroundings and can get through the trip without haveing dealings with the staff, then i think it might be a nice place to stay, but just be warned!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District