I am a business development coach and, at times, I am asked "What is a GREAT company/organisation?"
A simple example is - it's like an orchestra full of world class soloists, that when directed with an insightfull Leader, play in total harmony a memorable symphony....
That was my experience of Armathwaite HALL.
Some guests comments from early years look pretty damming. If that is true, then one can only "take you hat off" for a Learning organisation.
As an engineer I look at a Life Cycle Approach to life and organisations.
BOOKING - direct with reservations. Open to negotiation - off-peak booking whilst on business. Tempted by value package to stay an additional night and travel onward refreshed - "WIn -WIN for both parties.
ARRIVAL - efficient and courtious.
ROOM - Clean, well decorated, touch of class. Attention to detail in many ways. (sad person that I am - noticed bathroom services had discreet in-line isolation valves to enhance maintenance). Evening "turn-down service" - had a real personal feel to it. Can't explain why - it's as if "your Mum" had been in your room taking care of you....
PUBLIC LOUNGES - Stately home, log fires in welcome lounge and lake lounge, peaceful, service discreet, friendly and efficient.
Used to host weddings - ideallic venue and location.
RESTUARANT - well what can I say - excellence personified!!!
Cullinary Art on a plate - presentation superb, tantilising blend of courses leads to an explosion of sensory delight blended with attentive staff and silver service....
GROUNDS - manicured, extensive grounds that caters for families as well as "love birds" (grin) - well I was one once in my tender years - Ahhhh...
COUNTRYSIDE - magnificent scenery with adjacent lake - see photo.
POOL and SPA - if there is a fly in the ointment, this is it. It is clean and tidy, well maintained, but, dated. New build commenced and should, I believe, lead to a 5 star rating therafter....
DEPARTURE - too soon, I'll be back....
SUMMATION - If there is one word that describes the Hotel that would be PRIDE. A pride that delivers a symphony of delight. Not just any symphony, a bespoke symphony tailored to you individual needs...
A HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAM in command performance.
Many thanks to all...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District