I took my wife for an overnight stay at Armathwaite Hall and i must admit the place is very impressive! The hotel has fantastic views of the lakes and mountains which just looked like a picture postcard. The grounds are a delight to walk round and you could see all the wild rabbits running round. Staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We were part of a package that was booked through Secret Escapes which included afternoon tea, a glass of bubbly in the hot tub and your evening meal. The only thing i would suggest is that you are told exactly what you can have. We had to ask twice for the drink in the hot tub and we felt a bit awkward having to ask for things that were included. This did not spoil the day though. Our room was on the second floor which was handy for reception. We did not have a very good view from the window, but again this did not spoil our time there! Food was great, but beware the drinks are very expensive, which you expect anyway in this sort of hotel. The spa is fantastic! I would recommend it. Overall a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armathwaite Hall Country House Hotel and Spa is a beautiful four red star 17th-century former stately home situated near to Keswick on the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake. The hotel and spa is private owned and features forty six bedrooms of individual character from stylish spa bedrooms to the luxury of studio suites with stunning lake views. The rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant serves table d’hote lunches and dinners in elegant surroundings to both residents and non resident guests. The Courtyard Bar and Brasserie is a stylish modern alternative serving meals in a relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon teas are served daily and are a great way to celebrate with family and friends. Licensed to hold civil ceremonies for romantic weddings up to 150 guests. The award winning spa, offers the best in facilities from the 16 meter infinity edge pool to the luxurious outdoor spa pool, thermal suite and life fitness gym. Ten treatment rooms including a double treatment room offer relaxing and soothing treatments to guests, day spa and members. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Bassenthwaite
- Armathwaite Hall Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel Keswick
- Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District