“Great day out”

The Lake District Wildlife Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Trotters World of Animals has rebranded to become the Lake District Wildlife Park, representing the transition from its early days as a farm park. Today, emphasis is very much on conservation, education and engaging with visitors - our Keepers are keen to talk and enjoy passing on their knowledge and enthusiasm. Wander around our beautiful 24 acre parkland and see over 100 species. The magical Bird of Prey flying displays have been a regular feature since the park opened and we have gathered an eclectic mix of over 100 species from Anaconda to Zebra. The Granddad of the park is Brian the Lar Gibbon - he is the oldest in Europe and has pride of place in the centre of the park where he and his family can be seen swinging from the massive Oak tree. We joined the Zoo Federation (now BIAZA) in 2002 and over the years we have successfully worked with Zoo stud books to breed rarer species like Canadian Lynx, Asian Fishing Cats and Ring Tailed Lemurs to name just three.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Had a really nice day out at the Lake District Wildlife Park, there were lots of animals to see and was really nice to get quite close to them. I got to hug a bunny called "Stripe" which was pretty cool. The cafe was nice too, had a warm drink to warm us up!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Me and my girlfriend did the Apprentice Keeper Experience here, and I have to say it was amazing. Not only was it great value for money (£30 each) but the staff were all so helpful and attentive despite being understaffed. They were always happy to answers and questions we had throughout the day and were very knowledgeable about all the animals.

The zoo itself is quite small in size but makes up for it in charm and seeing the gibbons and lemurs in such large natural enclosures was great! I could imagine this place being very child friendly but really it appeals to anyone who loves animals. I highly recommend this place to everyone, go check it out!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My boyfriend was given a walk a hawk experience for his birthday and he loved it! We live locally and have previously been to Lake District Wildlife Park (back when it was called Trotters). This experience was brilliant. John the falconer was incredibly knowledgeable and funny and made the experience brilliant.

We flew a tiny (and very cute) owl called Alan, then a Harris Hawk which we were able to take around the grounds and finally we flew the Tawny Eagle. A BRILLIANT experience. We were out for an hour and I managed to get some really good photos of the hawks with my boyfriend.

I would recommend this to tourists and locals alike.

3  Thank dolce309
Reviewed November 24, 2013

8.25 per adult and children enter free during the Winter, compare that to getting into Bristol Zoo for example. There may be no gorillas, penguins or lions, as you would find at the aforementioned, however this is more than compensated by the beautiful location and the silence of the Lakes as you head off down some of the tracks. The indoor soft play area is superb idea if the weather turns against you while you there. To be blunt about it I think my five year old had more fun in there playing with the other kids than she did looking at the animals.

1  Thank bhagwhan
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Loved the lemurs and baboons running up natural trees
in their enclosures.
Small and cute pigs still remember