What a rip off. I took my daughter here to check it out, because I am a travel agent. The staff knew this upon my arrival, so they immediately upgraded us to Royal Service. I can't imagine what our stay would have been like if we didn't have this service. The greatest benefit is that you get to use the private pool area with the beautiful palapas. That is, if you are lucky enough to get one or grease the pool attendant early enough in the morning. The other benefit is the rooms are larger and most have a view of the water. Ours didn't.
Our room had the most disgusting smell - reminiscent of a barn. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. Look out for the bugs. We were on the first floor, and I could hear feet pounding above us in the late evening and early morning. Nothing bothers me more.
The food was mediocre, at best. Everything is the same, day in and day out. We made reservations for the a la carte restaurants, which, after the rigamarole of trying to get a reservation, should have been fabulous. In actuality, the food was the same as it was in the regular dining areas - only the linens were different. We walked out of the Japanese restaurant, because no one came over to serve us, after waiting for 25 minutes.
We avoided the general pool area, because hearing the noise from a half mile away was enough to tell me I didn't need to partake in the activities. It was full of loud, drunk, obnoxiouos people who have no regard for personal space.
If your travel agent steers you in this direction, run, don't walk. There are many, many wonderful places and resorts on this magnificent island. After 72 hours, we left for the comfort of El Conquistador, and all was well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an idyllic location on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast in Coco Beach, Rio Grande, Melia coco beach Puerto Rico brings the privacy and exclusivity you deserve and allows you the opportunity to escape from the rest of the world. From the moment you step inside this tropical oasis, you will be enveloped by the beauty and grandeur of Melia coco beach Puerto Rico. Boasting a world-class YHI spa, the nearby International Golf Club and the best pool on the island with four integrated whirlpools, Melia Puerto Rico is the place to live the true resort experience in Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Prodigios Interactivos SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Hotel Rio Grande
- Gran Melia Rio Grande
- Sol Melia Rio Grande
- Paradisus Puerto Rico
- Melia Coco Beach Puerto Rico/Rio Grande