This property is very beautiful. From the moment I arrived I was consumed by the tranquility of the place. The grounds are exceptionally well maintained, the soft music relaxing and the pools are so inviting backed by the blue of the Atlantic Ocean. I have stayed here twice, once with family a few years ago and this time on business. The restaurant food is good, but not great. I would recommend paying for a room in the Red Level so food is included in the price if staying at the resort for most of your meals. By paying for a Red Level room, small h'ordeuvers and drinks are available during the evening hours. The open air lobby and bar is a wonderful place to just hang out in the fresh air while visiting or having a drink. The main pool is fabulous and the tropical breezes blow gently while reading, swimming, or having a drink. The sound of birds upon awakening in the morning is so refreshing, especially when sitting out on the balcony or patio. I would highly recommend securing a room with a balcony or patio.
I would rate this resort a five star except for the fact the conceirge could not arrange for a taxi, and referred me to the hotel's transportation porter who promptly said he would have a taxi available for me at a certain time to take me to the Rainforrest. When I got into the vehicle, I asked my driver how much it would be for about a 10 mile journey. He informed me it would be $150, to which I promptly replied that was outrageous. He explained he must stay with me and when I inquired why, I was told he was taking me on a tour. I didn't want a tour, I just wanted transportation to the Rainforrest and back. I asked him to take me back and I arranged to rent a vehicle at the Avis booth. For a mid size vehicle I only paid $71 for the entire day. A much better deal, so I definitely recommend ditching the expensive tours and renting a vehicle. The visitor center at El Yunque explains about the rain forrest and it is very self guiding. I see no reason to hire some one to explain what the movie and visitor center can explain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an idyllic location on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast in Coco Beach, Rio Grande, Gran Melia Puerto Rico brings the privacy and exclusivity you deserve and allows you the opportunity to escape from the rest of the world. From the moment you step inside this tropical oasis, you will be enveloped by the beauty and grandeur of Gran Melia Puerto Rico. Boasting a world-class YHI spa, the nearby Trump International Golf Club and the best pool on the island with four integrated whirlpools, Gran Melia Puerto Rico is the place to live the true resort experience in Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotels.com, Vacatia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Hotel Rio Grande
- Gran Melia Rio Grande
- Sol Melia Rio Grande
- Paradisus Puerto Rico
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Rio Grande