Melia Coco Beach
$920
TripAdvisor
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
$125
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Breakfast included
$334
Courtyard
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Hotels.com
6,547 results
All reviewsred levelbali bedscafe soleilpuerto ricobeautiful resortprivate poolwet barmain poolpuerto rican restaurantrented a cargarden viewbutler serviceswim up barold san juanel yunque rainforestocean frontlounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This resort far exceeded my expectations!!! I got a really good deal from Cheap Caribbean for a long weekend at Gran Melia Golf Resort so I was thinking I can endure anything for the great price for a weekend. Wow, is all I can say! This is a top notch resort with customer service being job one! The resort is gorgeous and clean. The staff were friendly and catered to all our needs. I would stay here again in a minute even without the deep discount. I would highly recommend this resort if you want to be pampered in paradise.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a bad room. We had a deluxe junior garden view suite and it was large and the view of the gardens was beautiful. A beach view might have been nicer but it really didn't make any difference to us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmyC170
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I feel compelled to write a review of the Gran Melia as I don't understand why there have been so many bad reviews. I travel a lot and stay in some super hotels in lovely locations (thanks to work) but I have to say that this is one of the finest I have experienced.
The grounds are vast, and extremely impressive. The staff were polite and seemed genuine. Every day the people driving the trolleys would say hi. Though we didn't use the trolley service much, the one time we called for it, it came within minutes.
The pool was big and funky, only downside was that it was a little cold. There was a swim up bar.
The beach was OK - nothing great but long enough that you could lounge about without having neighbours too close by. You can't swim too far out in the sea due to the undercurrents but I think that's similar in many places in North Puerto Rico.
The food was a little on the pricey side, but not much different than the prices outside the hotel (unless you want to eat at Wendys!). The lobster and champagne risotto was the best risotto I've ever had. I was disappointed with the dessert size in the Italian but that's a small gripe. The food in the Puerto Rican restaurant was also lovely, especially the red snapper ceviche.
The drinks were pricey - about $10 for a cocktail - but again the prices were the same outside.
The room I stayed in was nothing special, but it was comfortable and had everything I needed.
The hotel really felt like some kind of tropical paradise. There's an on-site mini mart where you can buy almost anything you need. There's a more upmarket market store where we found iced coffee (couldn't find it elsewhere on the island) and the server genuinely cared whether we liked it or not. Great service.
Outside the hotel I was less impressed. We may as well have been in Florida. Food was fantastic, but the beaches weren't anything special (except for our day trip to Culebra). El Yunque rainforest was a disappointment (but consider I'm comparing to Peruvian rainforests/jungle. El Yunque felt like it was designed for tourists who want to experience the rainforest without leaving concrete). Old San Juan was really lovely and probably the highlight along with the biobay tour.
If you're going to Puerto Rico, and especially if you play golf, I think Gran Melia is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a lot further away from the beach/pool/lobby so if this troubles you then it's worth asking for a room that is closer, e.g. near the spa
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ActiveExplorer
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel was nice but for the money we spent we should have gone elsewhere. The hotel itself is very nice. Large pool, beautiful lobby, and grounds. All the employees we spoke with were very nice. But maintenence and housekeeping were lacking. We should have been tipped off by our arrival. We arrived at 6 pm for a 3 pm check in and our room was not ready. Our bathroom recently had a new coat of paint. They used our table from the balcony as a paint stand and paint was also dripped on the floor and left to dry. There was trash in the bushes below our balcony the entire time we were there. Our balcony had bird droppings which we cleaned up on the third day ourselves and our balcony was never swept. There was a spotlight by our entranceway that was possibly it by a groundskeeper and it was broken and laying there, in parts, our whole stay. The stairs and entranceway are outside, but covered. They were filthy. Gum, spilled food and drink from removing room service items, the tiles needed scrubbing badly. Housekeeping came one day at 9 am and rushed us out. The next day they had not come until after 2:30. They removed roomservice items from our room and it was left on the stairs outside our room for 36 hours before it was taken away. We had to ask for the correct amount of towels more than once. Hairballs on the stairs leaving our building, like they had fallen out of a dustpan and never swept away. These are the little things you expect to be done at a top rated hotel. None of these things are horrible or life threatening, but you could do better for your dollar elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grace S
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Read between the lines on the bad reviews. We liked it and would return. The bad reviews helped me plan my trip. I rented a car and brought a small cooler bag to keep costs down. Our kids loved the pool and the grounds. It was great exploring. Pros - cost of hotel ( we got a deal), location, scenery, pool, staff were pleasant. Cons- yes checking in can take time and food and drinks are expensive. We ate off resort everyday and discreetly had beer in our cooler by the pool. A good bakery at the end of coco beach road had a family of 4 eating for $20. I would return for sure and am actually still here enjoying our last day.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mimico-Toronto
Reviewed March 19, 2013

To be fair, this was my first stay at a resort. So i have nothing to compare it against, but I would definitely rate it better than any hotel ( the hyatts, the marriotts, the westins,.. ) i have every stayed.My wife and I stayed here for our first anniversary. I booked this hotel through priceline.com and I strongly recommend that you do that too.. if you book this hotel directly from the website,, its over $275/night. I got it for less than half the price. The resort has got great amenities, clean rooms, a private beach, pool over looking the beach, etc.,, The only disadvantage though is the proximity of other restaurants closer to this resort. They have 3 restaurants inside, but they are a bit pricey and you would want to try more if you are there for more than a week... Plus there is a small breakfast place "the market" which is overpriced but the coffee is phenomenal !!! The staff is not the most friendliest but I guess you could live with that..They have a great bar, beds by the pool, a private bed like thingy in the lobby .. Check my pics.. Also, this place is a 30 min drive to san Juan and 20 min drive to fajardo. Overall me and my wife enjoyed this place and we would definitely stay here again !!!

Room Tip: There are not many room options, but definitely ask for an upgrade if you book a garden view to an ocean view, chances are you might get one if they are available.. !!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple