My husband and I stayed here for 9 days in November. Our reservation was red level service and we upgraded to ocean front room(not necessary since we were NEVER in the room). The red level breakfast was delicious. Buffet with made to order omelettes, pancakes and eggs. Fresh fruit and juice, yogurt and pastries. We had a large enough breakfast we didn't eat lunch! The red level pool was the best part. Everyday REUBEN had our Bali bed ready and the bar tenders, GUSTAVO and MIGUEL, were awesome! We never went without anything. The massage therapist, BILL, was extremely friendly and helpful. They all recommended restaurants, gave directions to anywhere we were headed and were SO helpful all week long.
We did rent a car from the airport (HIGHLY RECOMMEND! They run out at resort and are way more expensive) so we only ate at the resort one night at passion. The kiosks at luquillo have unbelievably good restaurants. Our favorites that were recommended by gran melia staff were # 1 (stuffed grouper), 12 (ginger mojitos) and 20 (shrimp arepas). We went back to each restaurant more than once. We also did a food walking tour in Old San Juan one evening.
The resort is about 20 minutes from airport with no traffic. Check a map before you drive and you will make it fine. My husband and I are not adventuresome and we did make one wrong turn on the way to the resort but easily found our way. Driving into old san Juan was also pretty easy. We have an iPad so we checked maps before we went anywhere and the guys mentioned above again were VERY helpful.
The resort is queit at night, not much night life but that was ok for us . We were there for a relaxing trip for our anniversary and time away from hustle and bustle of 3 kids. We couldn't have asked for a better trip and will return without hesitation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an idyllic location on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast in Coco Beach, Rio Grande, Gran Melia Puerto Rico brings the privacy and exclusivity you deserve and allows you the opportunity to escape from the rest of the world. From the moment you step inside this tropical oasis, you will be enveloped by the beauty and grandeur of Gran Melia Puerto Rico. Boasting a world-class YHI spa, the nearby Trump International Golf Club and the best pool on the island with four integrated whirlpools, Gran Melia Puerto Rico is the place to live the true resort experience in Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Hotel Rio Grande
- Gran Melia Rio Grande
- Sol Melia Rio Grande
- Paradisus Puerto Rico
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Rio Grande