“Excellent Rainforest Adventure”

El Yunque Tours
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Rio Grande
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: El Yunque Tours "Rainforest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure" is an unforgettable guided nature walk into the interior of the only Tropical Rainforest in the U.S. Forestry system locally known as the "El Yunque" 28,000 acres of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forest, rivers, waterfalls, birds, insects, lizards and beautiful flowers along with a rich culture and historical background make for a breath taking day via or guided nature walks so come join us under the canopy!
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The El Yunque rainforest nature walk was very enjoyable and informative. Our guide, Michael, showed a real passion for the rainforest and his enthusiasm was infectious. He shared generously of his vast knowledge of the rainforest and we learned about the rich flora and fauna of the forest. I was especially impressed with the eco-focus of the whole outfit, and the emphasis on "leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures".

Reviewed May 19, 2013

A Nice experience and something New on my "to do list". Go for it! If I get the change I would do it again, but maybe a longer trip. I like walking!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I did this tour on 5/7/2013. The rainforest was gorgeous! The tour itself was informative, entertaining, and well-planned. Our tour was lead by the company's owner, Michael, who could not have been a more wonderful guide. I cannot highly enough recommend this tour! Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Well worth it for the views. Take a jacket it gets damp and chilly up there. The waterfalls and surroundings were so very beautiful. Upon exiting to get back to 3, turn right and make a stop at the little souvenier shop. Carla will set you up with items that are locally made and suggest daytrips for you.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We took this tour while on a cuise. It was worth our time and easily the best tour we have experienced! The transportation to the rainforest was wonderful and the tour was even better. Our tour guide was very informative and taught us a lot. The walk was very scenic and beautiful. The waterfall was absolutley georgous. This tour is very well ran and very educational. It was a blast!