“My First Rainforest Adventure”
Review of El Yunque Tours

El Yunque Tours
Book In Advance
$68.00*
and up
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Rio Grande
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: El Yunque Tours "Rainforest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure" is an unforgettable guided nature walk into the interior of the only Tropical Rainforest in the U.S. Forestry system locally known as the "El Yunque" 28,000 acres of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forest, rivers, waterfalls, birds, insects, lizards and beautiful flowers along with a rich culture and historical background make for a breath taking day via or guided nature walks so come join us under the canopy!
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was a great excursion from the time we docked in San Juan till the return to the ship everything was done in a timely manner. The extreme knowledge and enthusiasm of our two tour guides was wonderful, not just of the rainforest but the history of Puerto Rico. The preparation and equipment provided exceeded my expectations and was definitey done with the hikers in mind. The terrain was a little more difficult than I had expected. Even at that I would still recommend this excursion to my friends.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We took this excursion when we were on a cruise ship and docked at San Juan for just about 7 hours. Our guide Mike (Tex-rican) met us just outside the dock and the comfortable coach/min-bus was parked right there. We had a scenic drive to El Yunque- about 40 mins away.
Mike was very friendly and knowledgable and gave us information on Puerto Rico too as we were driving there. Fun stats!
When we reached there, we recieved our backpacks, packed with towels, water and cereal bars. Wish I had known that before, would not have carried my own back pack.
it was raining lightly but not uncomfortable. the walk was about 45 minutes 1 - way to the waterfall with about 20-30 mins halt there. The waterfall / pool was cool with the rain and was a bit smaller than we expected.
There was a lot of plants and trees that we learned about! Saw huge tree snails which were unlike anything I'd seen.!
Would definitely recommend this excursion- was not very strenous or tiring. Was exhilatering to be up in the mountains and in the forest after being at sea and beaches for 5 days!
All in all a wonderful excursion and on the way back, the view from the 10-mile view point was amazing!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was an awesome experience. It was well organized and the guides were very competent and knowledgeable. You must be able to hike a little less than a mile to the falls and also the return trip. The terrain is hilly and at times steep but my only exercise is walking and I was able to handle the round trip. If you choose to go in the water at the falls, the area is rocky and some type of water shoes are advisable - also good hiking type shoes. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Loved it. Lush foliage/vegetation with items of interest pointed out by the guide. You could hear the calls of the tree frogs. Absolutely loved it!!!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This walk/hike through the rainforest was beautiful, challenging, and informative. The waterfall at the end was a great culmination! It didn't rain on us, so that was an added bonus. The guides made special accomodations for the various experience levels of the hikers. I really appreciated the water, snacks, towel, and backpack provided. Overall a great excursion.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a nice tour with knowledgeable tour guide and very nice service. The guide and staff were very attentive to the hikers' needs and they provided refreshments. Over all it was a good experience and if you are visiting PR, this is a nice, active excursion.