“El Yunque Waterfall Tour while on Disney Fantasy”
Review of El Yunque Tours

El Yunque Tours
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Rio Grande
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: El Yunque Tours "Rainforest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure" is an unforgettable guided nature walk into the interior of the only Tropical Rainforest in the U.S. Forestry system locally known as the "El Yunque" 28,000 acres of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forest, rivers, waterfalls, birds, insects, lizards and beautiful flowers along with a rich culture and historical background make for a breath taking day via or guided nature walks so come join us under the canopy!
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The tour was quite amazing - we really appreciated learning more about the difference in a rainforest and a jungle. Definitely worthwhile!

Unfortunately for us, the rain came down in buckets during the first part of the hike toward the waterfall (yes, I know it's a rainforest, but the rain was coming down in all of San Juan that morning). But once we got to the waterfall, the rain seemed to have let up so our hike back out was much better. We got to stop and take pictures and see what the tour guide was referring to when we hiked in but couldn't see due to the rain.

The tour group provided backpacks, water, granola bars, towels, and umbrellas, which was terrific. But one improvement I could suggest is to provide this detail to the cruise ships so people can pack accordingly for the day. We ended up bringing duplicate gear, which was pretty frustrating.

1  Thank Linda R
"the river"
in 24 reviews
"la mina waterfall"
in 5 reviews
"enchanted island eco tours"
in 5 reviews
in 8 reviews
"nice walk"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our tour guide, Melba, was very informative and pointed out many things that we would not have normally seen. When we arrived at the waterfall, we were able to swim in it - which was amazing. There was plenty of time for this and we did not feel rushed. Melba actually offered to take pictures of us, which meant a lot. I have been on many tours, but I must say this one was very informative. We even stopped at a local market for shopping - I purchased a glass "frog" which is very prominent in these areas.

1  Thank Donna I
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our trip to El Yunque. The guide was very informative. We were hoping to see some wildlife on our hike, but no luck there.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife & I had selected the Rainforest Nature Walk excursion for our cruise port of call in San Juan Puerto Rico because we both thought it sounded entriguing. Well, we weren't dissapointed. It was a bit of a drive to get to El Yunque from the port but was nice for sightseeing on the way. The walk itself was along an established trail through the forest to the La Mina waterfall. While not too bad a hike, it was a moderate jaunt requiring climbing/descending some steep hills on the trail. There's so much to see however you hardly notice. It was getting dark on the way out of the forest, but that was when the forest really came to life. All in all a good experience.

1  Thank William B
See more reviews
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was lucky enough to get a "comp" ticket to this excursion in Puerto Rico, as a crew member on the Disney Fantasy. The tour guide for this trip was a really nice guy, with a good sense of humor and he really knew his stuff on the environment, the ecosystems, and Puerto Rico itself. The rainforest was of course awesome, but the highlight for me was reaching the huge waterfall and being allowed to swim in the water! It was the most invigorating swim of my life. I highly recommend this tour, not too strenuous so suitable for older children and adults alike.

1  Thank andymusicman