“the was the best food I had in Puerto Rico”
Review of Barbakoa - CLOSED

Barbakoa
Cuisines: Caribbean, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Barbakoa Restaurant MOVED from El Yunque PR to the Beach in Piñones P.R is a New exciting Location on road PR-187 Kilometer 18.0 You will see BarbaKoa Restaurant if coming from San Juan and pass Isla Verde into Piñones road 187 on the left side right on the Beach. BarbaKoa Restaurant Grand Opening in Piñones will be the END OF NOVEMBER please call first number above. A pleasant beautiful outdoor area at the Beach with a relaxing ocean view. We have great friendly service, good prices and Live Salsa Music every Saturday & Sunday where you can Dance on the Beach come visit us and have fun. Come and experience Barbakoa by the Sea is an exceptional restaurant!
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went ziplining and it was suggested we try this place. Let me tell you the best food and drinks I had although the kiosk in Culebra gives them a good run for their money. I highly recommend this place you sit outside and the view is a natural river which you can go into, it is very rocky I went it just to absorb the beauty of it. The staff are very friendly and they have a guy singing live music. I really enjoyed this place. Also don't forget to write on their wall!!! We had a little too many pina coladas and forgot by the time we left to do that! LOL

1  Thank hydrokhoos

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The waiter was very kind and even escorted us from the car into the restaurant under his umbrella. Great local food and flavor!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I were in Puerto Rico for a week and of all the places we ate, this was definitely the best. The pig wings are amazing. Rafael waited on us and was very cool, outstanding service. The mixed drinks he recommended were so good and the bar tender brought me out a shot of liquor himself, the shot of rum had to be the best I've ever had. We also had the Cornish hen stuffed with yucca, and the fries as well; they were both delicious. Great view as well. We both loved it, I'd definitely recommend it, going back next time we visit for sure...

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family of four went there for dinner. We each ordered a separate dish and we all enjoyed our meal.
The appeitzer pig wings I think they're called are delicious, as well as their beef patties.
It's a nice outdoors atmosphere.
The prices are not cheap, but the service and food is good. The waitress was very attentative and the manager/ chef came to introduce himself to us at the end of the meal. And also gave us a shot of liquor which was very good.
The bill came with these cute spanish lollipops I have yet to try.
I was looking forward to their flan that everyone raved about on trip advisor, but unfortunately the passion fruit flan was not as good as I was hoping it would be.
Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank Stormchaser69
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

open air, next to a river. very cool location. super friendly service, owner/chef is very friendly.

O.....the food is fantastic. We had a shrimp dish and a meat dish. sweet potato fries were great.

a must for your stay!!!!!

1  Thank runningboar