“El Cabra Montes del Yunque- The Mountain Goat of El Yunque!”
Review of Rubio's Tours

Rubio's Tours
Ranked #5 of 8 Tours in Rio Grande
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We met Javier- "El Cabra Montes" at 10:00, and we hiked to three peaks. Feet and legs are tired, but what a day! Be prepared to go beyond the tourist spots. Remember to bring water and snacks, because if El Cabra Montes is your guide it will be a hike. Great operation.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"rainforest"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2014

We met John in Rio Grande and he drove us up to the trail. We hiked for almost 5 hours. John kept the whole trip amazing and fun. All four of us learned and laughed. highlighted by an amazing vista at Mount Britton. World class attraction, world class tour, world class guide. (Very reasonable fee). You should see this sight if your are in Puerto Rico. And your will see it best with John(Rubio).

1  Thank ItaliandonnaOhio
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked a hike for my family in El Yunque. John did a great job of gathering info via email on skill levels and what it was we wanted out of the hike (my kids were hoping for a Waterfall swim and I wanted to learn about the rainforest). He was extremely knowledgeable, was able to keep my kids engaged as well as my 60 year old parents. He was funny as well and was able to keep is motivated throughout the hike. I would definitely use his services again. He knows a ton about the island and does various kinds of tours. Thanks John! It was amazing .

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Thanks John for sharing your knowledge and a great place to hike! It was an experience we will never forget. John took us to a bakery where we had a delicious breakfast. Then We took a 3 hour hike. It was breathtaking.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our group of two women had a personalized hike in El Yunque. The arrangements were flawless and easily arranged via e-mail. John Druitt picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the rain forest, preparing for the visit with numerous interesting facts about Puerto Rico. Our hike was almost 5 hours and took us through various parts of the rain forest to some of the most amazing viewpoints we had ever seen. Along the way, John pointed out birds, flowers, trees and explained the forest in an interesting and clear manner. We hiked the El Yunque trail to the peak. It was a miraculously clear day and we had perfect 360 degree views at 3500 ft. Quite breathtakingly beautiful. We went to Roca El Yunque, then took the Mount Britton Spur on the way back. I had been on a group tour to El Yunque a couple of years ago and was disappointed that the advertised "hike" was only a 30 min slow shuffle, but the hike with John was just perfect and the pace was geared exactly to our abilities. I recommend a personalized hike with John Druitt very highly. It was an incredible and unforgettable experience!

1  Thank TravelFan48105