“Another mediocre resort restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tempo

Tempo
Ranked #31 of 68 Restaurants in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Westchester County, NY
“Another mediocre resort restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We ate at all restaurants in the Gran Melia resort and this one was in the middle. The food was good but the entrees do not come with any sides (ie pasta with chicken parm-really?). They are generous with the bread though. The service was excellent, the atmosphere was very nice, the most formal on the resort, and the wine list offered a few very nice selections. Like all resort restaurants, it is overpriced. $150 for 3 people.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank alley3898

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian....I think not”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Tempo is a poor excuse for any kind of restaurant, let alone a high end Italian restaurant. If you are looking for quality fresh well thought out food....don't eat here.

We had three courses, each of which were dissapointing. I had the gnocci with mushrooms and sausage. Only there was no sausage on my plate. After a re-do from the kitchen my plate had a few pieces of supermarket crunchy sausage, but no mushrooms. I could only stomach a few bites.

The portion sizes are absurdly small for the prices they charge. For example, we ordered a side of asparagus for $6....there were 6 small spears. They are obviously relying on the hotel guests who are marooned at Gran Melia. My suggestion...if you are hungry and find yourself stranded go to the pool grill. The food is better, cheaper,. and you won't kick yourself in the face for wasting your time and money at Tempo. And yes, my face hurts.

Chicago, Illinois
“BE READY TO WAIT, WAIT, WAIT”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The average waiting time for breakfast was at least 45mins., the food was minimal (they were not prepared) Stations that should have been open were not. Service was so s-l-o-w!!!! don't go there hungry, cuz your gonna wait, wait, wait!!!!!

Visited February 2012
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We waited an hour and 45 minutes and NEVER got our food. We were there for Christmas dinner and gave up after waiting at our table for nearly two hours. We were never given a reason for the delay, the restaurant was not even full. Our waiter would just say, "I'll check in the kitchen". I was there with my family including my 91 year old grandmother and it was a horrible experience. Speaking with other guests it sounded like we didn't miss out on much, aside from being totally pissed.

• Visited December 2011
“Bad excuse for Italian food, but they make up for it by overcharging you!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Gran Melia should be ashamed to offer this as one of the premier restaurants. I honestly have had better Italian food at a food court at an airport. The chicken piccata was overly breaded, dry and had zero lemon flavor. The steak, at nearly $40, was on par with one you'd get in Business Class on a long flight. The caprese salad was way overpriced and we got 3 tiny pieces of mozzarella and unripe tomatoes on a plate.

The wine list was horrible too, especially for a supposed fine dining establishment. The ONLY decent place for dinner in Gran Melia is the native PR food place, Passion. Other than that, Gran Melia needs to blow up Tempo and Nami, hire some real chefs and start over.