“Fun for new zippers but a little pricey”

Rain Forest Zipline Corp.
Book In Advance
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Rio Grande
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We did the Rain Forest Zip LInes in May 2013. We have done other extreme ziplining in Alaska and Costa Rica so my review may be a little biased.

The adventure consisted of a series of ziplines going back and forth between platforms all circling around the main facility on the road to El Yunque Rain Forest. As compared to the Arenal ziplines in Costa Rica, these were low (about 30 to 50 feet off the ground) and short. If you have never ziplined before, these would be an excellent start. The staff was very safety conscience and very friendly. The cost was a little high ( ~$100/each). If you are looking for your first zipline adventure or have a little extra money, these are fun but don't mistake them for serious ziplines. There is a better zipline park in the middle of Puerto Rico but its was 2-3 hours away. One of the staff said they are adding new lines from the top of a nearby peak so this course may see improvements in the next year or so.

1  Thank AdventureandRomance
There are newer reviews for Rain Forest Zipline Corp.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Me and my wife never done ziplining and I assure you that Rainforest Zipline Corp is the company to choose for your first adventure! We booked at the last minute and while they don't have tours as others, the drive from San Juan to Rio Grande is not that far... 45 mins or so by car/taxi and is well worth it. We were scared but our fear is out and the team there did a great job to keep us safe and sound; the instructions and guides were excellent. Highly recommend to do the zipline adventure with Rainforest Zipline Corp - there is 9 ziplines and if you don't feel comfortable in the first couple, you can quit and not pay for it - but we went for it and loved it!

1  Thank Hersh P
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My boyfriend pulled into this place on our way up the El Yunque to help me get over some anxiety I had been experiencing while on vacation. He thought I needed to do something fun and out of my comfort zone, and he was right! I was so nervous putting on all the gear to head out on the lines but everyone at this place was so friendly and supportive I quickly lost the butterflies in my stomach. They take you out on a practice line and show you how you can control your speed. I think this is probably one of the greatest places to go if your new to zip lining or are going with children as the guys that take you out are so helpful, friendly and professional. We had such a great time and now I can't wait to go zip lining again!

1  Thank Kara S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was my first time and I absolutely loved it. The staff was fantastic and really energetic! The lines were fun and the view of the ocean was great from the highest level of the tallest tower- We did that line twice! The staff was nice enough to take pictures and video for you! I definitely recommend stopping by and giving it a try!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We picked this place because we had some nervous children who wanted to experience zip lining. Everyone there was friendly and made all of us comfortable. We all had a blast! The problem was that we got a package from this place which included a drive who picked us up at our hotel, brought us to the zip line and then was to take us to the El Yunque. After we hiked the El
Yunque, we met to meet our driver....who wasn't there! We were left standing in the rain with three young and tired kids for well over an hour. He finally arrived and told us a story about a tow truck etc etc.....we don't believe a word of it. He tried to fit in another fair and was late to get us! Unacceptable when you are paying good money! The Rainforest Zipline Corp should really consider using another company for drivers!