“Awesome family bakery/restaurant”

La Familia Bakery 2
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Rio Grande
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and lunch, all kinds of pastries and cakes, opens from 6:00 am to 9:30 pm Monday to Sunday
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I loved this place. They only serve sandwiches until 2pm but it is definitely worth it to go there. They speak english and their food is great. My wife got the eggs with everything which comes with 4 pieces of sweet toast bread. The sweet bread is to die for so if you have the option to get that as your bread - do it. I got the pastrami sandwich and it was excellent.

The cheesecake and chocolate cake was really good too - as was the cafe con leche. Super cheap too compared to Puerto Rico restaurants. $6 for my sandwich and $4 for the eggs.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I live about 10 minutes from this place.is the first time I eat there... Just GREAT..coffee,the sweets,the service..all great...Now I know why they are #1 in my town ....

1  Thank Darkitana
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just off PR 3 and located in the Rio Grande Plaza, this place is easy to find. You can park on the street or in one of the few spaces in front of the bakery. It is a great place to come for breakfast or a sandwich lunch. The place is popular with locals and the prices are really good. The coffee is excellent. We stayed at the Gran Melia and came here often for scrambled eggs or for coffee and a piece of flan. It's nothing fancy but the people are nice, the food is great, and it's inexpensive. What more can you ask for?

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent 5 days at the Wyndham down the road and ate here multiple times for both breakfast and lunch. The sandwiches are excellent and the desserts to die for. The place is always busy with locals which is always a good sign. This bakery gives you the opportunity to slow down and soak in the local vibe. The owners are of Lebanese descent and take pride in serving a high quality product. The cafe con leche was the best we could find in the area and do NOT miss the Cuban sandwich, which is available between 12 and 2 PM. We highly recommend this diamond in the rough.

1  Thank P D
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Such an excellent little bakery with many different options. The sandwiches were so good and the pastries were amazing! The service was unbelievable I would definitely go back and wish I was there right now!