This is a very difficult review to write, because I really love this property. The problem is, the St. Regis Bahia Beach is listed as a 5-star hotel, and the unfortunate reality is, this property simply is not 5-star, because they have not mastered the art and staff training of 5-star service. Which is not to say that the employees aren't friendly and mostly helpful, but visitors who are accustomed to 5-star service will immediately (and consistently) be aware that this property repeatedly falls short. I could give examples, but what I think is likely more beneficial to anyone reading this review is just to understand that while the property itself and the amenities are 5-star, the service is not. If 5-star service is not a priority for you, then this is a wonderful hotel to visit. The only other concern you may have is that this hotel seems to have decided to build their business on group events. This is great for the hotel because they are booked at maximum capacity, and it's great for any companies who are looking to host a large group sales club event or large group company meeting, or even for couples wishing to host a destination wedding, but as an individual traveler with your family, you will likely be treated as a 2nd class citizen behind the large parties for things like optimal room location and ability to book services at the spa, book tee times, etc. (unless - as I had to be several times - you are a squeaky wheel, which no one wants to have to be on vacation just to get the service they equally deserve). I had visited a year ago, when the hotel had not been opened for very long, so I was hoping that I would find this year that they had ironed out the wrinkles in service that a new hotel can experience. I'm sad to say that the service has deteriorated even further. Again, if service doesn't matter to you, then this is a wonderful hotel. ......Just not a 5-star. Also, be sure to pack whatever you need, because they have closed the gift shop and now instead keep a limited amount of gift shop products in the spa lobby. We found that they don't seem to manage the stock of necessities or products there very well (and you wouldn't even know they have many of those products, because they're hidden behind closed cabinet doors). So if you do find yourself craving a candy bar, or needing deodorant, you'll need to ask the spa receptionist to open the cabinets to show you what they have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, our Rio Grande resort in Puerto Rico sits between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast. A Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico boasts suites where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico Rio Grande