Beautiful rooms and grounds. Definitely a very comfortable place tot stay, with tasty food. However, the food and cocktail prices were over the top. $18 for a pina colada... +$4 for an extra shot. It helped that the restaurant servers (especially by the pool) are incredibly kind and hospitable.
I you want more privacy I'd recommend staying in a building away from 5 & 6, which are directly between the main lobby/restaurant building and the pool. It was nice though, to stroll out from your balcony directly to the pool and surrounding gardens. You can hear the waves, and incredible coqui noises, from your ocean front room, but I could hardly see the water. The bathrooms make it somewhat excusable to charge such high prices for an ocean front room that sits so far from the beach (building 5).
The hotel trails and sports equipment (kayaks, stand up paddle, bikes, etc) were a nice added amenity. All the employees where's incredibly helpful and courteous. I'd go back if I'm willing to spend that much on the hotel food. All in all a very nice place to stay, but you pay for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, our Rio Grande resort in Puerto Rico sits between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast. A Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico boasts suites where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico Rio Grande