I really enjoyed the St Regis for a long weekend getaway from New York with my wife. We have stayed at luxury resorts all over the world and this was comparable to many of them but much, much easier and cheaper to get to. We stayed in a one bedroom, oceanfront suite that was enormous, and all rooms / amenities were brand new as the resort was built less than three years ago. It was great that each building was only two floors so that nothing was taller than the trees, and the buildings were well spaced so you always felt like you were in the jungle (rather than at a large resort). We thought we would spend most of our time at the pool, but the beach was very nice (and scenic). You can walk for nearly a mile in either direction and there was nothing else nearby.
We had only two minor complaints:
(1) Dinner was average, particularly at Fern (Jean-Georges)... although breakfast at Fern was awesome. You would definitely be better off eating at the more casual Molasses.
(2) We stayed for three full days, which was perfect... but there is not a lot to do if you stay much longer. St Regis is 30-40mins from San Juan so not a lot of dinner or going out options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande