My husband and I just got back from spending three nights at the St. Regis. The resort did not disappoint -- our room was luxurious, the grounds were beautiful, and the staff was incredible. Other reviewers have mentioned that the staff can be slow. While every encounter wasn't perfect, the staff was always incredibly friendly and warm and tried to honor requests as best they could. In spite of the secluded location, I'm glad the resort hasn't succumbed to a buffet, all-inclusive option. As a result, the food and drink was high quality and with the high prices to boot, we certainly didn't overindulge, which is a positive for us.
If you are interested in booking a stay here, the most important question to consider is what you expect from your trip. If you're looking for an easy way to have get away from it all and stay in a luxurious locale with natural beauty, the St. Regis would be a great bet. If, however, you're also seeking some variety of restaurants and nightlife and more of an urban scene, I would advise against the resort. While it is only about 30 minutes away from the Condado, it's not fun to rent a car and drive that much both ways, especially after dinner while you're on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande