The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
$230
$199
$920
TripAdvisor
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Breakfast included
$334
Courtyard
  • Pool
Melia Coco Beach(Rio Grande)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
TripAdvisor
1,453 results
All reviewsplantation housebutler servicefern restaurantsea grapesjean georgesnature tourchampagne saberingavocado pizzaremede spafive diamondpuerto ricorain showerbird sanctuarygolf cartsand dollarsbeautiful propertypaddle boarding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My new husband and I are staying here right now and it is just perfect for our honeymoon! It is truly a beautiful resort, elegance in nature. As I write this review on my private patio, I am dreading leaving. Every staff member says hello as they walk by. The room and the bathroom are amazing huge and luxurious. We received complementary champagne with our perfect dinner at fern and came back to a hand written note and chocolate covered strawberries from the general manager. We have booked a couples spa for tomorrow and hope to lay by the pool all day today.

It is about 35 mins form San Juan and 15 min from El Yunque.

Room Tip: All the rooms are surrounded by lush greenery.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leshia R
srbahiabeach, General Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Distinguished Guests,

Greetings from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are honored that you chose our timeless resort to begin your life’s journey together.

It fills us with great satisfaction that your Honeymoon was filled with romance and bliss, surrounded by our tropical paradise...

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, as many Newlyweds have, to celebrate your first anniversary!

Thank you for the gift of feedback.

Warmest Holiday Wishes,

Terry G. Bechtold

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from 11/29 - 12/2. We were on a babymoon for our 3rd child due in the spring. I read a lot of the review before we booked as well as after so that we were well prepared and set our expectations. The resort is secluded which is perfect if you want to get away for it all. We loved it. The service was top notch, everything and everyone from the check in process to our breakfast waiter was so attentive and polite it was like a dream. Since we knew that the resort was secluded and had only 2 restaurants we opted to rent a car. We were really happy with our decision. We went out to dinner 2 out of the 3 nights in Isla Verde and it was nice to be able to get away. It's really easy to get around and with highway 66 literally coming all the way down to the hotel area it was no more than 20 minutes from Isle Verde. One of the major complaints was the price and quality of food in the restaurants. I really didn't find the price that outrageous but maybe that"s because we are from the NYC area and are used to these types of prices. We had breakfast every morning at Fern, it was delicious, there a not a ton of option but enough of the 4 day stay. I can see how someone can get bored of the options. We did have dinner on our first night at Molasses. It was OK. The rooms are enormous and the bathroom deserves its own review. All in all we had a wonderful experience and would recommend it for anyone looking to have a romantic gateway for a few days.

Room Tip: You do not need to get an ocean view room because you can't relaly see the ocean since there are so many tress and it's so lush on the resort. But def stay on the "main" side of the resort vs. the golf side.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vacationmama23
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I usually don't write reviews, but I enjoyed our stay at the St. Regis, and I hope that this review will help others in making their decision for a place to stay in Puerto Rico. My mom and I stayed at the St. Regis from 11/9-11/14.

We arrived late in the evening. The concierge was kind enough to give us directions from the airport to the hotel since we rented a car. The directions were easy to follow, and we arrived about 30 minutes after we arrived. The resort is gated with someone at the gate 24-hours a day, which made us feel more secure since the resort isn't close to a big city. The hotel staff was friendly, and they greeted us right away, even though it was 9PM. The concierge was friendly and helped us get checked in, made sure everything was to our specifications. They gave us rum and punch as we checked in. Given it was such a late hour, we didn't want to go out for dinner, so the concierge was kind enough to put in an order for dinner at Molasses before we got to our room, since the kitchen closed within the hour. The staff was quick and friendly as they showed us to our rooms. The room was beautiful, clean, and spacious. We got our dinner soon after we arrived.

The next day, we were able to see the grounds in the daylight. The resort is breathtaking. We had an ocean view, and as we stepped out onto the balcony, we could see the beach and ocean. To get to the beach, we just needed to cross the grassy manicured area onto the beach - less than a minute or two away.

The resort was beautiful. Most of the grounds were trees/foliage that you would see in the rainforest. The area was well-maintained by the garderners. The pool was huge, and they setup all the beach chairs for you. There were plenty of seats for everyone to loung around the pool. The pool faced the beach, so it was great if you wanted to go in between. The beach was private to the resort, so it was nice and quiet.

Everything around the resort was clean. The staff was always helpful and greeted us with respect. They were quick to help us with whatever we needed. I used the concierge a lot since we traveled off the property most days - they were helpful in giving directions and recommending us places to eat. A majority of the time, the staff was quick and prompt. There were a few times when we requested water that it took them longer or a few reminders to get what we wanted. On the whole, however, the staff was friendly and helpful.

We ate at the restaurant on site, and the food was ok. The staff was slow at times, and it seems like there were a lot of people there, but only one or two "head" people that were helping out everyone. The food was ok, but I would recommend going off resort for food - as it's cheaper and more indicative of Puerto Rican food.

We used the spa, and it was nice and clean. The staff was friendly, but it seemed like there was one person that was more in charge (more like a bureaucracy) and able to do more things, so at times, we would have to wait to talk to them about something. In general, however, the spa was delightful and the staff was friendly and eager to help us with whatever we needed. In fact, the spa staff called up promptly when they had a cancellation for a pedi so that my mom and I could do ours together. It definitely freed up our schedule, and we were grateful for the call.

There are a few downsides of the resort. They have resort fees for every night you stay, $60/day, so be prepared to add that in the price of your rate. The resort is also located about 30 minutes from San Juan and 30 minutes from Fajardo. There isn't a very big city close by, so if you wanted to drive anywhere to eat or shop, it would take about 30 minutes. The concierge is very helpful in recommending places to go. The last thing is that the grounds are quite large. There are wooden walk ways that connect all the buildings. The buildings aren't far, we cut across the beach/pool a lot, and it was about 5 minutes. The walkways aren't well-lit at night, so oftentimes we'd ask for the golf cart to take us back to our room. At times, it could take awhile to get a cart, depending how late it was, but they tried their best to be as fast as possible.

Room Tip: Second story ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank UTLonghornMomOfThree
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Awesome, gorgeous, magnificent, GRAND, wonderful, exquisite, fantastic and finally.....simply beautiful. It truly doesn't get any better than this. From the time that your drive up to the portico at The Plantation House and the bellman opens your door you are pampered, respected and greeted at every twist and turn and you realize that you are about to experience the ultimate in elegance and sophistication.

Surrounded by a lush tropical rainforest, the grounds are beautifully landscaped and manicured so the setting truly allows you to relax and enjoy the views and the private beach at your own pace. The rooms are huge with a 42 inch flatscreen in the master bedroom as well as a TV embedded in the mirror in the bathroom so you don't miss a minute of your favorite shows or movie, no matter where you are in the suite, unless, of course, you're enjoying the rain shower and get soap in your eyes! And the beds are wonderful with some of the best silky soft Egyptian cotton linens I've ever slept on.

Didn't have an opportunity to eat at Ferns, but did dine at Molasses on Thanksgiving and although the food was good, it was cold by the time we were served. Since the property was 98% booked and the restaurant was packed, our waiter never had an opportunity to come back to our table to check on us, so we finally ate, in spite of the fact that the turkey, stuffing and gravy was cold. When he did come back, we told him that the food temperature wasn't acceptable and they did comp deserts and coffee as compensation. In spite of this minor snag, I'd have to admit that the meal was appetizing and we would recommend the restaurant highly.

Although not a reflection on the hotel, make sure you rent a car because the property is about 30 minutes from the airport and Old San Juan and I didn't see a taxi on the property the entire time I was there. In addition, as others have stated, the restaurants on the property have very limited selections, so you'll need some wheels to escape to some restaurants outside the resort. Do, however, take advantage of the complimentary coffee service in The Plantation House each morning. Although I've been to Puerto Rico several times and had heard that PR coffee had always been considered some of the finest in the world, I had never thought it was any big deal until I had the coffee at the St. Regis. In fact, I finally went to the Concierge and asked for the brand name and bought 6 pounds of it at the local grocery store to bring home.

The St. Regis is not a vacation, it's a DESTINATION. If you're trying to decide between the St. Regis and one of the other hotels/resorts on the island, in my opinion, it's a no-brainer. The St. Regis wins, hands down. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank romadaro
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Took my wife and 2 year old to spend a few days in this beautiful resort. The property is surrounded by the tropical florest, and the rooms are located throughout independent 2 story buildings connected by a wooden walkway.

The rooms are large and the bathroom is huge, but had to change rooms three times. If you are travelling with children and need to have stroller access, make sure to request a room with elevator access. The first floor room did not work for us as its balcony was not gated, meaning that our 2 year old could have ran out to the florest directly from our room. Therefore I recommend second level apartments with elevator access.

In terms of food selection, the property has three restaurants, and we have tried all of them. Restaurant Fern, was our first stop as we have been at several Jean-Georges restaurants before and we really enjoyed his style. The service was great but we expected more from our dining experience, for example the seasonings of the octopus were over powering and their breakfast menu selection was extremely limited and no other restaurant at the resort served breakfast.

The restaurant by the pool took a really long time to execute our order, and the food arrived cold. The menu for lunch contained more sandwiches, salads, pizzas and appetizers but it did not offer entrees with fish and/or meat.

The Molasses restaurant by the golf course, had an excellent service and the dinner menu offered a good selection. The seasoning, presentation, temperature and taste was good.

Overall, I recommend this resort in terms of leisure but if you are looking for a combined leisure and gastronomic vacation then recommend renting a car and driving to the city to explore other dinning options.

• Stayed: November 2012