From the moment you set foot in this property, you know that you are surrounded by luxury. The hotel is something less than 2 years old. The hotel is approximately 40 minutes from San juan via PR-66 Toll Expressway. As you pass the gate entrance where you have to identify yourself, you will see lush tropical vegetation very dense and well kept.
The lobby entrance is beautiful and there is no counter type hotel registration. Instead, there are desks where the guest is cordially and royally received and explained all the diverse ameniteies of the property. There are plenty of workers handling the valet parking as well as many bellman. Checking inn was a snap. Rooms are beautifully decorated, extremely large with the highest quality of furnishings. At night, the lobby entrance is something to behold with ponds and lighted gas lanterns.
Sevice, freindship and quality of employees was outstanding. I would say it appears they were specially chosen. It was in fact one of the friendliest places we have ever stayed. Of course, for such special facilities, you can expect prices to be very expensive but well rewarded for the extra dollars you pay.
We ate in all of the restaurants in the hotel which are highly recommended. This way, you can try the variuos cuisines available. We ate for breakfast brioche french toast which were outstanding and one of the best that I have ever had anywhere.
This is a place where I woud return again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande