What a perfect setting for our first trip to Puerto Rico! The St. Regis is a stunningly beautiful resort with outstanding service and plenty of amenities. We stayed at the resort for 5 nights the week of February 13th, 2012. We booked the hotel using Starwood points and my husband also had platinum status.
We rented a car at the airport and after 1 wrong turn arrived at the resort after a 45 minute drive. Upon our arrival we were greeted by several staff members and given some rum punch. We were upgraded to an ocean front suite. The suite was spotless and had a wonderful patio where we could sit and listen to the ocean. The suite was very spacious, from the 2 full baths, large foyers, walk in closet, and comfortable living area. We only used the butler service a few times but they kindly called each day to check in with us.
The pool design is great as it allows for a bit of privacy. During our stay the resort was not full. There were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas available around the pool any time of day. The frozen grapes and signature tea the staff brings around throughout the day is a nice treat! The beach was beautiful and we walked quite a distance in both directions and never saw any trash along the shore.
The staff was always eager to please and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and that we enjoyed our stay. I can't say enough positive things about how attentive everyone was to even the smallest details during our stay.
We dined at all 3 restaurants and had enjoyable experiences. We enjoyed the tasting menu at Fern and the skirt steak mofongo at Molasses. Seagrapes had a good turkey wrap and nachos.
We had wonderful massages at the spa and used the free kayak rental to check out thd lake. Off of the property we did the bio bay kayak trip, we went zip lining, hiked in the El Yunque rain forest (swam in the waterfall), and spent an afternoon/evening exploring Old San Juan.
The resort was $$$, but nothing that I would consider outrageous for an island resort. Weare already planning our visit back to the St Regis next year!
Beautiful resort in an amazing setting!
Very attentive staff
Clean and spacious rooms
Large pool and clean beach
Terrible directions on the website from the airport to the resort.
The location of the resort is a bit isolated from a lot of activities on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande