The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
Orbitz.com
$805
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
$115
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$120
$130
Official Site
$225
Orbitz.com
Melia Coco Beach(Rio Grande)
  • Beachfront
1,453 results
All reviewsplantation housebutler servicefern restaurantsea grapesjean georgesnature tourchampagne saberingavocado pizzaremede spafive diamondpuerto ricorain showerbird sanctuarygolf cartsand dollarsbeautiful propertypaddle boarding
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My wife, Susan Hackett, and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here in early August sans children, and we were not disappointed. Although pricey, because it is a Starwood resort we were able to use points for one night, and were also able to book a good last-minute package that included breakfast. The rooms are really luxurious - we were in a second floor room with balcony overlooking the golf course, and it was quiet, beautiful, well-appointed, and a short, enjoyable walk to the Plantation House (where the restaurant is located), the pool and the beach. The main restaurant, Fern, was wonderful: breakfasts were sumptuous and well-prepared, and dinners were to die for. The fitness center was one of the nicer ones we've used in some time, and the grounds - including almost 3 miles of walking trails - are gorgeous. The location is great for day trips to El Yunque or Old San Juan. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
srbahiabeach, Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay.

Congratulations on such a momentous occasion as your 25th Wedding Anniversary!!

We are very pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your special celebration at our resort. At St. Regis Bahía Beach, we are devoted to creating romantic getaways filled with timeless memories...

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back soon to your home away from home.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed only two nights at the St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort but that was long enough to know I want to go back.
My room (a suite) was way more room than I needed but I loved it and enjoyed the pampering of butler service. My tub was as almost as deep as a hot tub which I loved b/c I take long soaking baths.
The room amenities, towels, soaps, shampoos, linens etc were all superior.

My only complaint was with the food. I ate at SeaGrapes for lunch and ordered a Margherita Pizza - it was delivered without basil, apparently they ran out, thereby rendering my pizza simply a cheese pizza. If I had been advised ahead of time, I would have ordered something else as basil is a key ingredient to a Margherita Pizza.

My breakfast at Fern was okay but not great. My eggs were the way I requested them but my English Muffin was served cold and unbuttered. Not a huge deal but this shouldn't be a difficult request to receive a hot buttered English muffin.

Having only two food experiences, both being mediocre at best, my impression is the kitchen doesn't care about food quality. For the prices and reputation of a St. Regis this needs to improve greatly.

Overall, I loved this resort but would not eat here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent visit.

We are pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay and long to return! One of our Core Values at St. Regis is to indulge our guests in seductive surroundings from the moment you arrive.

We do apologize however, regarding your experience in our restaurants. This is certainly not indicative of an uncompromising experience, and we have shared your comments with the appropriate departments in order to avoid a reoccurrence.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon, so that we may treat you to a flawless vacation experience next time.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Did quite a bit of research on PR resorts before stumbling across the new St. Regis Bahai Beach. If you are looking for a secluded resort with immaculate rooms and grounds, and very friendly service, then look no further. Overall, we placed it at or near the top of the list for our family vacations. Some specifics:
Pros:
* The hotel: Driving into the St. Regis facility gives you a great sense of things to come: lush, tropical landscape, the Jones golf course, the Plantation House -- all gorgeous. The rooms are huge and well appointed. Bathrooms are as grand as other reviews state. We had an oceanfront room, ground level and next to the Plantation House and the pool, which was terrific. Very convenient.
* The staff: All very friendly and accomodating. Big kudos to Pedro, our waiter at Seagrass, and Xavier at the front. Everyone was friendly, knowledgable and helpful.
The beach: Bahia is immaculate. Yes, the waves are choppy and the water isn't Bahamas blue, but my wife and kids still enjoyed body surfing for hours.
* The golf course: A challenging Trent Jones course. The greens had just been aerated and sanded, which meant my round was more challenging than for most, but I could still appreciate it. Pricey, but worth the experience.
Cons:
* Meal prices: The restaurants are all good, but probably not deserving of the resort prices. Our dinner entrees at Fern were disappointing (undercooked salmon), but breakfast was very good. Molasses for dinner was better - excellent mofongo --but then it was closed for two days due to the slow season. Seagrass, the casual poolside restaurant, was consistently the best but still tough to stomach $100+ for a casual lunch for 4. While we wouldn't stay there, try Palio at the Rio Mar resort for dinner. Same resort prices, but excellent Italian food. For better, cheaper PR cuisine, try the Kiosks in Luquillo -- La Parilla was the best!
* Meal service: Despite the overall excellent service, meal service was consistently sloooooow. We were on vacation, and in no rush, but -- since it is the low season and the resort was relatively empty -- we expected our meals in a reasonable timeframe. Not sure if this was due to low staffing, but be prepared to wait.
Overall:
It's clear from the reviews on TA that word is starting to get out about this place. The fact that it has only been open since Nov 2010 contributes both positives (new, immaculate) and negatives (a few service kinks). I expect that they will be put to the test when the high season begins and more people flock to the resort. Despite some setbacks due to the low season, it was the ideal time to stay if you like to avoid the crowds. We were sorry to leave and hope to be back soon -- can't imagine staying anywhere else in PR.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room for convenient location, noy necessarily the view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank klorenc

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our resort.

How wonderful to know that you completely enjoyed our remarkable property. As you point out, our rich, tropical sanctuary, combined with elegant rooms, is the perfect setting for a fabulous vacation.

Your compliments for Xavier and Pedro are truly appreciated and very rewarding to our staff, as they are genuinely dedicated to our guest's fulfillment.

We are however, concerned with your experience regarding service, and truly apologize for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Your comments will help our staff live up to the St. Regis tradition of impeccable service, and have been addressed accordingly.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you and your family back soon to our Island of Enchantment, Puerto Rico.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

As an SPG Platinum member, I stay in hotels 3-5 nights a week and can say by far this is one of the best properties for a host of reasons. The grounds are simply immaculate and the service is stellar. From our greeting upon arrival at valet through our departure, I could not have asked for a better experience. Make sure you enjoy the rum punch upon arrival. Yum!

Though we were in a St Regis Suite, the "ocean view" is limited on the ground floor due to the vast, lushness of the resort. If you're going anywhere beyond the resort like Od San Juan, rent a car...worth the expense. You must dine at Fern for dinner, outstanding. We even ordered from the Fern breakfast menu for private dining one morning on our spacious terrace. Ge prepared to share your terrace with small friendly iguanas. If you want a lazy day, check out a DVD from the collection.

Highly recommend staying in a suite for access to butler service. Cannot say enough about those guys...from unpacking the luggage to pressing garments, delivering coffee and tea at all hours of the day, what a treat.

Only downside was the ocean. Awesome stretch of beach, but miss the sparkle and clarity of turquoise water in the Caribbean. The pools more than make up for this which is where we spent most of our time. All dining options (Molasses, Seagrapes and Fern) are superb. Enjoy the Greek salad with grilled prawns for a light but filling lunch.

Looking forward to our return visit. Headed to Kauai and this experience promoted us to book the St Refis Princeville. Safe travels.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite to get butler service...ocean view suite, unnecessary.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spkr4life
srbahiabeach, Manager at The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are elated that you so thoroughly enjoyed your time spent at our captivating resort.

As a well travelled SPG Platinum member, you have a very discerning eye, and it is rewarding to us that our master plan for your enjoyment meets your satisfaction.

We hope you visit us again soon, so that we may treat you and your family to another uncompromising St. Regis stay in our little slice of heaven.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

So many things went wrong which is such a shame because the property Is so beautiful but even that didn't overshadow how horrible the service was.... We had reservations at molasses only to find that we were not on the list...mind you my fiancée was supposed to propose to me this night but that put a damper on the evening for him, he did however end up proposing to me in front of the main house on the grassy knoll, one morning we could not get breakfast bc of some private party going on, and we were not properly dresses ex fiancée did not have short with him cause we were just going to lie on the beach and have breakfast, we never got towels at the beach, the guy was setting up the umbrellas for people who weren't even there but yet we are laying there patiently waiting to get towels and he never came, so we thought let's go for a walk on the beach and surely when we get back we will have towels on our chairs...nope! We were gone for 30 minutes on our walk, I literally had to go over to the guy and say what is up? He said we are understaffed and he had to set up for the party guests! So ridiculous, when we checked out the lady asked how our stay was and I said well not the best and I left it at that and she never even asked what went wrong! Beware if you order 2 slices of cake a 2 scoops of icecream it will be $80 for room service but yet at the bar the menu said $12 for cake and ice-cream,

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Moriahgay

Saludos from St. Regis Bahía Beach -

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Please allow us to apologize for the mishaps in service. The issues you point out are very concerning to us and certainly not representative of the polished standards that St. Regis is known for. We take this type of feedback very seriously and can assure you every detail you point out is being addressed. If you wish to share any further comments, we do appreciate your input, and would love the chance to speak with you at your convenience.

In an effort to regain your confidence, we do hope that you will return so that we may have the chance to display a genuinely flawless St. Regis experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to St. Regis Bahía Beach in the near future.