I should start out by saying this property is amazing. My wife and I traveled here with our 8 month old, and our daughter could not have been happier, really enjoying looking at all of the trees, birds, lizards, etc. The grounds are impeccable, the room and bathroom were huge, and the amenities available (such as the use of bikes, with one of those kid-seats you can attach to the back) were really thoughtful.
The pool was great, service there was mostly what you'd expect, and my wife and I really enjoyed the food at seagrapes...We found the water was the right temperature for a pool in sunny puerto rico, and the beach was nice, although a bit rough due to the weather while we were there.
We weren't able to eat at Fern for dinner (scared to harass the other diners with screaming baby) but our breakfasts there were amazing (perfectly poached eggs--it's a big deal for me) and the coffee was great. By day three we smartened up and ate at the St. Regis Bar, which has some items from Fern, but was more manageable with the baby. The service here, like at the pool, was a little slow.
The hotel and staff were great with our baby. There was a little hiccup in the beginning (no crib in the room, even though we asked for one on the sheet they send you a couple of days before checking-in), but quickly sent one over. By day 2.5, housekeeping even brought over a diaper genie.
Now the service...i think the simplest way to put it is slow. Food at the pool, food at the bar, butler and then concierge not picking up the telephone, rides not showing up on time....these are all small things, but add up and get annoying. and then there was molasses. The food there was, i hate to say it, awful. The other downfall was the 22 dollars a day for valet parking. That should really be included in the 60 dollar a day resort fee, as starwood does in most of its other properties.
overall, though, we had a terrific vacation. we enjoyed the resort and accomplished our goal...lots of relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, our Rio Grande resort in Puerto Rico sits between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast. A Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico boasts suites where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico Rio Grande